The Student Room Group

Boys

Does the truth come out when a boys drunk? I’ve been on and off with a boy for nearly 3 years now but have never gotten into a relationship with him as he says he’s not ready. Last night we was in a party together and I went to bed and he came into my room, woke me up and started saying how much he likes me etc. The day after I addressed it and he denied liking me and claims that when he’s drunk he says stupid ****. However, this is over the 10th time this has happened over the past 3 years. Anyone know what this means?
10th Time? Damn. He is persistently stupid.
Original post by Anonymous
Does the truth come out when a boys drunk? I’ve been on and off with a boy for nearly 3 years now but have never gotten into a relationship with him as he says he’s not ready. Last night we was in a party together and I went to bed and he came into my room, woke me up and started saying how much he likes me etc. The day after I addressed it and he denied liking me and claims that when he’s drunk he says stupid ****. However, this is over the 10th time this has happened over the past 3 years. Anyone know what this means?

If this has happened so many times then surely he likes you since he is still thinking about you when he is drunk haha.
Reply 3
If this has happened so many times then surely he likes you since he is still thinking about you when he is drunk haha.

Dunno what to do. We went for a chat about it the day after and he literally said that if he liked me like that he’d tell me. But also he said he doesn’t want a relationship so do you think he’s trying to avoid giving me the wrong messages as he don’t want to fry my head idk
He's probably just a loveable drunk and feels the urge to tell all his friends how much he likes / loves / appreciates them lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Chicken.M.
He's probably just a loveable drunk and feels the urge to tell all his friends how much he likes / loves / appreciates them lol.

He was telling me how he always comes back to me, and that we “can’t just be friends” and that I’m the reason why he doesn’t want to talk to other girls. Also going back to the first year of this all, he slept with someone else and then that same night, came back to my flat and was begging me to give him another chance, saying “she wasn’t you” and blah blah blah. In second year he literally walked from the club to my house and got my housemate to answer the door drunk when I was asleep and was again saying the exact same ****
He was telling me how he always comes back to me, and that we “can’t just be friends” and that I’m the reason why he doesn’t want to talk to other girls. Also going back to the first year of this all, he slept with someone else and then that same night, came back to my flat and was begging me to give him another chance, saying “she wasn’t you” and blah blah blah. In second year he literally walked from the club to my house and got my housemate to answer the door drunk when I was asleep and was again saying the exact same ****

He might have a crush on you but doesn't want to ruin the friendship or thinks a relationship with you might not work for whatever reason. I have a couple friends I have crushes on but wouldn't ever get into a relationship with because theres either a big age gap or we want different things in life.

He's got some issues though lol. Too embarassed to explain his weird behaviour properly.
Reply 7
He might have a crush on you but doesn't want to ruin the friendship or thinks a relationship with you might not work for whatever reason. I have a couple friends I have crushes on but wouldn't ever get into a relationship with because theres either a big age gap or we want different things in life.

He's got some issues though lol. Too embarassed to explain his weird behaviour properly.

Thank you so much for replying!!!! So he’s told me sooooo many times that I would never work because he’s Muslim and I’m n it religious and that was the reason why we could never work as his family’s all really strict. Just frustating Cos he knew this before he started the whole thing ygm
Thank you so much for replying!!!! So he’s told me sooooo many times that I would never work because he’s Muslim and I’m n it religious and that was the reason why we could never work as his family’s all really strict. Just frustating Cos he knew this before he started the whole thing ygm

Yeah that's definitely it, and he would have been feeling guilty about having sex with that other girl despite having a crush on you. Even though you're not in a relationship it wouldn't stop the guilty / sad / negative feelings from happenning. It's probably really frustrating for him constantly thinking about you when he tries stuff with other girls lol.

Sounds like a mess though I wouldn't entertain any of it personally. He's got issues he needs to sort out with himself.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9

Ouch that hit deep 😂
Him sleeping with someone was a bad idea. I also don't see how he's getting drunk while being a "religious muslim"
The rs not working out bcs of religion seems to be a kind off bad excuse to me.. I mean like he has the liberty to drink and sleep around but somehow can't hold a rs?!
Idk sis smth dodgy happening
Yeah that's definitely it, and he would have been feeling guilty about having sex with that other girl despite having a crush on you. Even though you're not in a relationship it wouldn't stop the guilty / sad / negative feelings from happenning. It's probably really frustrating for him constantly thinking about you when he tries stuff with other girls lol.

Sounds like a mess though I wouldn't entertain any of it personally. He's got issues he needs to sort out with himself.

Thank you so much! Really good advice! I appreciate it. Just feel really down as this boy was my first love and I was so heart broken before so now this has happened recently it’s brought it all back
Original post by Slx.24
Ouch that hit deep 😂
Him sleeping with someone was a bad idea. I also don't see how he's getting drunk while being a "religious muslim"
The rs not working out bcs of religion seems to be a kind off bad excuse to me.. I mean like he has the liberty to drink and sleep around but somehow can't hold a rs?!
Idk sis smth dodgy happening

Definitely. It’s all so confusing my heads just all over the gaff
Reply 12
Definitely. It’s all so confusing my heads just all over the gaff

I get the feelings you have for him as he is/was your first love. But fr sis this ain a good idea. Best thing to do is to move on from him. I know it sucks and it's hard but u gotta do what u gotta do. One of my closest friends are in the most obvious toxic rs and still can't seem to move on (many many details being omitted but apart from him being a disgraceful **** he also tells her stuff like "if u talk to other guys then leave" or things like "I'm not ready I can't do an rs"). She just says stuff like He's growing and immature and he needs time, which is true but hell no are you gonna waste ur time and hurt yourself even more waiting for something that might not even happen in the end. So yeah in your case best to let it go and time heals so just do things that keep you busy and make you happy
Original post by Slx.24
I get the feelings you have for him as he is/was your first love. But fr sis this ain a good idea. Best thing to do is to move on from him. I know it sucks and it's hard but u gotta do what u gotta do. One of my closest friends are in the most obvious toxic rs and still can't seem to move on (many many details being omitted but apart from him being a disgraceful **** he also tells her stuff like "if u talk to other guys then leave" or things like "I'm not ready I can't do an rs"). She just says stuff like He's growing and immature and he needs time, which is true but hell no are you gonna waste ur time and hurt yourself even more waiting for something that might not even happen in the end. So yeah in your case best to let it go and time heals so just do things that keep you busy and make you happy

Damn she is so whipped and brainwashed lol. Poor girl.
Original post by Slx.24

Thank you so much I really am incredibly grateful! I know it’s hard now but hopefully will get easier!!!!
Reply 15
Damn she is so whipped and brainwashed lol. Poor girl.

I call it innocent.. cute but quite sad

Thank you so much I really am incredibly grateful! I know it’s hard now but hopefully will get easier!!!!

No problem, I've basically been in the same position before... but yeah hopefully this helps. Here if u need any other help tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending