The Student Room Group

Starting Gcse's soon I need help.

I'm doing triple science (AQA), Food and Nutrition (WJEC), Art (Edexcel) and Rs (Aqa).

I was wondeirng if I could have some advice from people that do these courses on how much work there is, how to get grade 9's and how to mantain a good schedule (so i dont't burnout.)
Reply 1
Original post by Floflo234
I'm doing triple science (AQA), Food and Nutrition (WJEC), Art (Edexcel) and Rs (Aqa).

I was wondeirng if I could have some advice from people that do these courses on how much work there is, how to get grade 9's and how to mantain a good schedule (so i dont't burnout.)

I would say try to make the revision notes/resources everyday little by little after the lessons. I don’t mean that you should get all revision notes, Flashcards and mind maps done for all five lessons every day, but get as much as you feel comfortable with and can do on the day, so that once it gets to exams you can just revise and not make the revision resources.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
For science, freesciencelessons and primrose kitten on YouTube are godsends, make your flashcards as you go along, understand the topics when you learn them and practice some questions nearer the exams.

For art, do your homework as you get set it and don't leave it last minute when you might need to rush it all, write good annotations for your pages as this helps to up your grade.

Quick Reply

Latest