The Student Room Group

LPC LLM - worth it

I'm doing the LPC next year at either BPP or ULaw before starting my TC in September. I've heard very mixed things about doing an LPC LLM top-up, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions:

1. Is there any point whatsoever doing an LPC LLM, or is it just for people who want student funding?
2. Could having a Master's help with finding work abroad?
3. Would a Master's be useful if I wanted to transition out of law?

Thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)
I suppose Is the llm version same price as the lpc without it? Module wise it’s just a dissertation at the end isn’t it?
I figure it’s better to have the llm if not much price difference than not though 10000 words is a lot to write?
Original post by jmicb97
I'm doing the LPC next year at either BPP or ULaw before starting my TC in September. I've heard very mixed things about doing an LPC LLM top-up, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with these questions:

1. Is there any point whatsoever doing an LPC LLM, or is it just for people who want student funding?
2. Could having a Master's help with finding work abroad?
3. Would a Master's be useful if I wanted to transition out of law?

Thanks!

Johnny's answer is the right one here.
Reply 3
If you don't mind the dissertation then do it even if just for the sake of having a masters. Yes, it is a tinpot masters but still technically a masters degree and some jobs (in other sectors) have a tick box for having a masters degree. Don't ask me for an example but there will be some.

I didn't do the LLM because I have a distain for dissertations so each to their own

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending