The Student Room Group

Business management undergraduate courses

Which universities in the UK are good for business management and related courses[undergraduate]?
Original post by diabiswas2013
Which universities in the UK are good for business management and related courses[undergraduate]?

I have a certain opinion on business management and related courses, but if you go by reputation, then the following schools would be of interest:
Bath
Warwick
Bristol
UCL
Durham
Manchester

Although it's not the top business school people think of, my friends who went there for business related courses say Nottingham Trent is pretty enjoyable for a place of study.
Thanks a lot
Reply 3
Original post by MindMax2000
I have a certain opinion on business management and related courses, but if you go by reputation, then the following schools would be of interest:
Bath
Warwick
Bristol
UCL
Durham
Manchester

Although it's not the top business school people think of, my friends who went there for business related courses say Nottingham Trent is pretty enjoyable for a place of study.

UCL doesnt have a business management course right....which course would resemble a business management one at UCL
Original post by momo66
UCL doesnt have a business management course right....which course would resemble a business management one at UCL

It's not an exact match, but consider Management Science:
http://www.mgmt.ucl.ac.uk/management-science
When I was applying for universities last year Exeter was top for graduate prospects

Hi @diabiswas2013

Our BSc Management course is highly ranked by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide - we came in at 3rd in the UK in 2021!

You can find more info on our website here, but something great about this course is that in your second year you have the option to choose a pathway in Finance, Marketing, Digital Innovation or Entrepreneurship, and really focus in on an area of interest.

Have a look and let us know if you have any questions! :smile:
Thanks,
Eleanor
WBS Marketing Team

Hello,
I am currently a Student Ambassador for Coventry University at the Scarborough campus (CU Group). The modules at Scarborough are broken down into 4 blocks with different start dates (September, November or January). The modules are taken one at a time so you’re able to concentrate on one topic per module with 2 coursework assignments each module - one weighing 40% and one 60%. Having modules focused one at a time is beneficial as it allows students to work through each topic throughly. Some modules include: Business Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Click the following link to see more of the modules offered: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/cus/course-structure/hnc-hnd-degree/2021-22/management/

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you
Aimee-Cu Scarborough

Hi there,

I am a Student Ambassador for the University of Law. ULaw also has its own business school with a range of business course some that cover all key disciplines or more focus on a specific area of interest.

Have a look at the link: https://www.law.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/business/

If you have any questions feel free to get in contact.

Best of luck with your future studies.
Tam
Student Ambassador ULaw

Hi diabiswas2013

There are many places that offer many different courses, for example at Hull we offer 8 different Business Management courses ( https://www.hull.ac.uk/search/courses?q=Business M&level=undergraduate ). Rankings are of course important, but you also need to find the right place and the right course for you, you are going to spend three or more years studying so do your research and you might find a course that excites you more than others.

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Rep

Hi @diabiswas2013

I'm currently doing Business Management with Marketing at Surrey and I really enjoy it. We have a lot of degrees related to business, so yo might want to check out our website or this post I wrote on studying business.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Elena
Business Management

Hey @diabiswas2013,

I would suggest having a look at Readings Business Management course! Our course is ranked 6th for graduate prospects in Business, Management and Marketing in the Guardian University Guide 2020. This course is also triple-accredited.

Henley business school has a fantastic reputation within Business Studies, so I would highly recommend you have a look at our courses. We offer loads of different flexible study options such as including accounting and marketing as well as having the option to compete a study abroad year or a placement year. Check out the Henley Business School website to learn more about the school and these courses.

Reading uni campus is also really lovely. It has everything you could possibly want and has lots of green spaces, and even a lake! I really love it here and would recommend it to anyone.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the university search! Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything :smile:

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student

Hello, hope you are well.

I am a student ambassador, currently studying business management at Pearson College London (PCL). Here is why PCL:

Hand in hand with industry experts, Pearson create truly unique graduates with degrees that matter today, and tomorrow

Words by Pearson College London

We offer undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and a range of short courses in the heart of London. Our courses cover Accounting, Business, Computer Animation, Enterprise, Law, Video Games and Visual Effects. You can study full or part-time on-campus or some of our courses can be studied online from anywhere in the world.

We’re part of Pearson, the only FTSE 100 company in the UK to design and deliver degrees.

Here is a link to the Pearson College London website: https://www.pearsoncollegelondon.ac.uk/

I chose PCL because of the enjoyable atmosphere on the campus as well as the industry experienced tutors who incorporate their knowledge and current business affairs into our studies. The university also helps us students work with start-ups and gain internships during our degrees. I feel secure about my future because I am able to gain that extra experience and knowledge first-hand. This is why I recommend Pearson College London.

Riya - Student ambassador at Pearson College London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending