The Student Room Group

i have only a week left until my mocks and i dont know how to revise, advice please?

i have my mocks for GCSE's in 8 days, i haven't revised or even picked up a pen, i don't know what to do or how to start revising, i always procrastinate and suck at managing my time, is there any way i can get a really good grade of just a weeks revision for subjects: Maths, Science, English, History.
Original post by darkhorse5911
i have my mocks for GCSE's in 8 days, i haven't revised or even picked up a pen, i don't know what to do or how to start revising, i always procrastinate and suck at managing my time, is there any way i can get a really good grade of just a weeks revision for subjects: Maths, Science, English, History.

for science i would recommend using physics maths tutor and go onto one of the sciences, then look at the summary sheets for one topic and condense them in a book for 30 mins, then go through the flash cards and do the specific exam questions for that unit on there. and then just do that till you have finished all the topics for each subject and just do lots of exam papers which are also on the physics maths tutor website. and for science and some of the other subjects, you can also use kahoot as they do test yourself option or maybe facetime friends and do quizzes on there, there's some with like 50 questions. i hope this helps though!!
Original post by emily17125
for science i would recommend using physics maths tutor and go onto one of the sciences, then look at the summary sheets for one topic and condense them in a book for 30 mins, then go through the flash cards and do the specific exam questions for that unit on there. and then just do that till you have finished all the topics for each subject and just do lots of exam papers which are also on the physics maths tutor website. and for science and some of the other subjects, you can also use kahoot as they do test yourself option or maybe facetime friends and do quizzes on there, there's some with like 50 questions. i hope this helps though!!

thank you
Original post by darkhorse5911

I am currently sitting my yr 10 mocks. I recommend using past papers to find your main weaknesses to revise from - and as it is very likely that some past papers will be used in your mocks. So far I have sit 5/10 papers of which I have previously seen 4/5 papers before sitting the exam thanks to past papers.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
There is a school called Kirkhall academy that puts up core questions, for example, search up 'Kirkhall academy cell biology core questions' and a sheet to come up, those questions are useful,hope this help :smile:)I'm doing my mocks in like 1 week now and I'm scared too 😂

Quick Reply

Latest