The Student Room Group

English Literature

Hi guys.
I am currently a Year 12 student and one of my subjects is English Literature. I genuinley do not know how to revise it. The methods I have tried don't seem to be working and I have mocks in like two days.

HELP
Original post by Thestudent107SWC
Hi guys.
I am currently a Year 12 student and one of my subjects is English Literature. I genuinley do not know how to revise it. The methods I have tried don't seem to be working and I have mocks in like two days.

HELP

Hey, I'm also taking A level Lit in year 12 and to be honest I don't really revise, I just try and learn as much content as I can as I'm going along as there's not much actually to revise. But if you're struggling I think the best thing you can do is familiarise yourself with the assessment objectives on your exam board's website :smile:
Heyy, I also do A Level English Lit and I am in Year 12, with my mock exam on Tuesday!

For revision, I have just been doing practice in writing essays and learning the content we have done so far off by heart.
Just think about Assessment Objectives whilst planning and writing in your exam and you should be fine :smile:
Original post by cathdugg
Hey, I'm also taking A level Lit in year 12 and to be honest I don't really revise, I just try and learn as much content as I can as I'm going along as there's not much actually to revise. But if you're struggling I think the best thing you can do is familiarise yourself with the assessment objectives on your exam board's website :smile:

Thankyou for the reply, I will try to follow your advice, I find meeting the objectives difficult but I am not sure how to improve
Original post by rebeccah1
Heyy, I also do A Level English Lit and I am in Year 12, with my mock exam on Tuesday!

For revision, I have just been doing practice in writing essays and learning the content we have done so far off by heart.
Just think about Assessment Objectives whilst planning and writing in your exam and you should be fine :smile:

Hi, Thankyou for the reply... I will try to follow your advice, the exams feel completely different to the classwork so when it comes down to the exam I struggle
do practice essays
make notes on characters, themes, methods etc and revise these
Reply 6
im so confused. for paper 1, its streetcar and poems of the decade so do we have to plan the timing for when we switch from the streetcar essay to the poem essay or will they take it away from us?
Original post by M.M.mm
im so confused. for paper 1, its streetcar and poems of the decade so do we have to plan the timing for when we switch from the streetcar essay to the poem essay or will they take it away from us?

Hi, I recently had my year 12 mocks and we had 2 hours for each paper (on separate days). The timing is generally 1 hour for streetcar and 1 hour for poems, but it’s unlikely they’ll take it away from you in between. They didn’t for me
Just out of interest, Is your streetcar on the same paper as poetry, or is it on the paper with your post 2000 prose?
Original post by Thestudent107SWC
Hi guys.

HELP

I know you’ve only probably got this today left before your exam but for me essay plans really really helped. Do it in timed conditions, time it for however long you’ve allocated planning time for in the real thing, our quotes your using and key ideas, in note form. Then if you want you can write out one of those paragraphs in full.
You can draw on some of these points and ideas etc even if your exam question is different.
Reply 9
Original post by -sarah-j-
Hi, I recently had my year 12 mocks and we had 2 hours for each paper (on separate days). The timing is generally 1 hour for streetcar and 1 hour for poems, but it’s unlikely they’ll take it away from you in between. They didn’t for me
Just out of interest, Is your streetcar on the same paper as poetry, or is it on the paper with your post 2000 prose?

heyy, thanks for the reply! oh ok that makes me feel a little better lol. Yes poems and streetcar are on the same paper for Tuesday. And the other is next week and thats Frankenstein and Handmaids and the exam is only 1 hr and 15minutes . I am so stressed Im worried im not going to understand the question lmao
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by M.M.mm
heyy, thanks for the reply! oh ok that makes me feel a little better lol. Yes poems and streetcar are on the same paper for Tuesday. And the other is next week and thats Frankenstein and Handmaids and the exam is only 1 hr and 15minutes . I am so stressed Im worried im not going to understand the question lmao

Ohh okay it may be kind of different from mine then bc I’m doing Frankenstein and handmaids next year. Are you doing pearsons Edexcel? Or aqa?
Reply 11
Ohh okay it may be kind of different from mine then bc I’m doing Frankenstein and handmaids next year. Are you doing pearsons Edexcel? Or aqa?

mine is edexcel. what was yours?
Edexcel too, I guess we r just doing them in a different order. Good luck tho!!
Reply 13
Edexcel too, I guess we r just doing them in a different order. Good luck tho!!

thank you, you too x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending