The Student Room Group

I think my teacher likes me.

Hello everybody, today I want to raise an issue that I’ve been having at school for around 9 months now. I have this teacher whom I used to dislike very strongly but until my favourite teacher changed my view of her, I decided maybe I should stop disliking her for no apparent reason. I gave her a chance and she turns out to be a really great person after the image I created of her in my head. However, since I started being nice to her outside of lessons, just a wave every now and again, I have started been having thoughts that maybe she likes me as more than a student, more than a friend. Yes, romantically. It sounds ridiculous but it really does all make sense. She does a lot of things that hint to me she likes me, for example:
-She smiles at me/waves at me, or both whenever she sees me
-She and I will randomly have chats outside of class which is never about any schoolwork related things and never has been
-She and I make eye contact very often, I have caught her staring at me numerous amounts of times as well as my friends telling me that she is staring at me.
-She has an subtle but clear envious expression whenever I am making jokes or getting along with other teachers
-She cares about me very much and worries about me and I’m aware of that as I’ve been told by other members of staff
-She doesn’t mind at all if we talk or wave or something, if anything she enjoys it
-When she sees me her face lights up, this will be even if she’s in an angry mood
This is troubling me so much, and as she is now one of my favourite teachers it’s bothering me because I don’t know whether to report it or not. I wouldn’t ever want to do anything to destroy her career or her life as I care about her as a student, I care about all my teachers, but the fact she does these things and does them with nobody else really gets me thinking. If she does like me, I just want to know so I can avoid her or report it if it gets worse. I don’t want to ruin my education worrying about something like this, especially as it is very much illegal. So please can you guys tell me what I should do and what she feels because I don’t understand. Thank you very much! ❤️
Original post by blackwidow_ix
Hello everybody, today I want to raise an issue that I’ve been having at school for around 9 months now. I have this teacher whom I used to dislike very strongly but until my favourite teacher changed my view of her, I decided maybe I should stop disliking her for no apparent reason. I gave her a chance and she turns out to be a really great person after the image I created of her in my head. However, since I started being nice to her outside of lessons, just a wave every now and again, I have started been having thoughts that maybe she likes me as more than a student, more than a friend. Yes, romantically. It sounds ridiculous but it really does all make sense. She does a lot of things that hint to me she likes me, for example:
-She and I will randomly have chats outside of class which is never about any schoolwork related things and never has been
-She and I make eye contact very often, I have caught her staring at me numerous amounts of times as well as my friends telling me that she is staring at me.
-She has an subtle but clear envious expression whenever I am making jokes or getting along with other teachers
-She cares about me very much and worries about me and I’m aware of that as I’ve been told by other members of staff
-She doesn’t mind at all if we talk or wave or something, if anything she enjoys it
-When she sees me her face lights up, this will be even if she’s in an angry mood
This is troubling me so much, and as she is now one of my favourite teachers it’s bothering me because I don’t know whether to report it or not. I wouldn’t ever want to do anything to destroy her career or her life as I care about her as a student, I care about all my teachers, but the fact she does these things and does them with nobody else really gets me thinking. If she does like me, I just want to know so I can avoid her or report it if it gets worse. I don’t want to ruin my education worrying about something like this, especially as it is very much illegal. So please can you guys tell me what I should do and what she feels because I don’t understand. Thank you very much! ❤️

I highly doubt she likes you tbh. From what you've said it doesn't sound like it at all. Infact, I have many teachers that do the things you've said with students. Many, not just one. She just sounds friendly tbh and one of those teachers that love talking/extroverted/etc. Doesn't like you imo and it would be dumb to report her as she hasn't done anything wrong and this is coming from a guy. But yeah like I said before, I'm surprised you've not seen teachers do the things you've said. Most teachers I have at school do all of the things you said. Infact last week me and my mates saw my History teacher outside of school that's a female whilst going to the park. We spoke to her for a bit and walked off. Even with a male geography teacher we saw him near the bus station and spoke again. But yeah, I just don't think she likes you looking at what you've said, as it's actions of a teacher that I've seen many do that are friendly and don't fancy their students.
Original post by Anonymous
I highly doubt she likes you tbh. From what you've said it doesn't sound like it at all. Infact, I have many teachers that do the things you've said with students. Many, not just one. She just sounds friendly tbh and one of those teachers that love talking/extroverted/etc. Doesn't like you imo and it would be dumb to report her as she hasn't done anything wrong and this is coming from a guy. But yeah like I said before, I'm surprised you've not seen teachers do the things you've said. Most teachers I have at school do all of the things you said. Infact last week me and my mates saw my History teacher outside of school that's a female whilst going to the park. We spoke to her for a bit and walked off. Even with a male geography teacher we saw him near the bus station and spoke again. But yeah, I just don't think she likes you looking at what you've said, as it's actions of a teacher that I've seen many do that are friendly and don't fancy their students.

Okay, thank you. It just really freaked me out as I don’t like her and she only does it to me. :smile:

Oh and she probably will do it with other students that aren't in your class then anyways. Like I said I've got many teachers that do all the things you were saying and I know for sure they didn't fancy me or any of my classmates.
Oh and she probably will do it with other students that aren't in your class then anyways. Like I said I've got many teachers that do all the things you were saying and I know for sure they didn't fancy me or any of my classmates.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like me but then the anxious part of me worried that she does. I know she doesn’t do this with anyone else as I keep a close eye on her to see if I could make out how she’s feeling but I don’t think she does. :smile:
She doesn't like you. And I'm guessing you're a child so a definite no no
Okay, thank you. It just really freaked me out as I don’t like her and she only does it to me. :smile:

Yeah, no need to be freaked out. She will probably do it to someone in a different class that you don't know of and even if she doesn't, like I said I've got many teachers that do everything you said and for sure I know none of them like me 😂 like that. She's just friendly from what you said and outgoing.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t like me but then the anxious part of me worried that she does. I know she doesn’t do this with anyone else as I keep a close eye on her to see if I could make out how she’s feeling but I don’t think she does. :smile:

Trust me, you wont know if she does. There could be plenty of times where she's out and you aren't and she sees someone from a different class. But yeah, I know too many teachers that do everything you've said and don't fancy their students so like I said there's a very very small possibility of her liking you from what I've seen.
Original post by Moonlight rain
She doesn't like you. And I'm guessing you're a child so a definite no no

Yep exactly. I've got too much teachers that do the things he said and I know none of them like me 😂 she's just being friendly and is probably outgoing/extroverted like all those teachers I've had and have that do the same.
Yeah, no need to be freaked out. She will probably do it to someone in a different class that you don't know of and even if she doesn't, like I said I've got many teachers that do everything you said and for sure I know none of them like me 😂 like that. She's just friendly from what you said and outgoing.

Trust me, you wont know if she does. There could be plenty of times where she's out and you aren't and she sees someone from a different class. But yeah, I know too many teachers that do everything you've said and don't fancy their students so like I said there's a very very small possibility of her liking you from what I've seen.

Thank you so much for your help, I’ll make sure I spend a little less time with her anyway just incase she ever will. :smile:
Reply 9

although you've not stated your gender, your posting style resembles that of a female so I am going to assume that you are.

From what you've posted I do not see anything strongly hinting that she likes you. she could be just being friendly/overly concerned/jealous you get on with other teachers better than her.

I think reporting anything at this stage would be a huge LEAP and you should not do so.

also the fact she is female and you are female makes me even more sceptical she likes you. I know we're living in this sort of LGBT era ... but still. Female teacher making a play for a female student is incredibly rare
Original post by ANM775
although you've not stated your gender, your posting style resembles that of a female so I am going to assume that you are.

From what you've posted I do not see anything strongly hinting that she likes you. she could be just being friendly/overly concerned/jealous you get on with other teachers better than her.

I think reporting anything at this stage would be a huge LEAP and you should not do so.

also the fact she is female and you are female makes me even more sceptical she likes you. I know we're living in this sort of LGBT era ... but still. Female teacher making a play for a female student is incredibly rare

Thank you for your reply!! I have a more recent post on this issue now :smile:
Nah she doesn’t like you I don’t think

Latest

Trending

Trending