The Student Room Group

Doctors in the Emergency Services?

Don’t know if this is the right place - I’m applying to study medicine next year but my fifth option is going to be a paramedic science course.

I’m definitely set on studying medicine as the career is a better fit for me but I have did have a lot of interest in the paramedic role as well.

Does anyone know of any roles within the emergency services (police, ambulance, fire service, search and rescue etc) for doctors, and what specialities they require (apart from the obvious emergency medicine.)
I know about the Air Ambulance but that’s all I can seem to find.

Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by evidevi
Don’t know if this is the right place - I’m applying to study medicine next year but my fifth option is going to be a paramedic science course.

I’m definitely set on studying medicine as the career is a better fit for me but I have did have a lot of interest in the paramedic role as well.

Does anyone know of any roles within the emergency services (police, ambulance, fire service, search and rescue etc) for doctors, and what specialities they require (apart from the obvious emergency medicine.)
I know about the Air Ambulance but that’s all I can seem to find.

Thanks for any help!

https://rcoa.ac.uk/training-careers/training-anaesthesia/curricula-rules-governing-training/pre-hospital-emergency

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending