The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

i’m deciding between foundation at Bristol and King’s but leaning towards Bristol! curious about other people’s experiences too. are you coming this september?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Hi, have you received the CAS letter?
Original post by Momo120
Hi, have you received the CAS letter?

no I haven’t yet. have you?

i’m a UK citizen and currently live here. will I need one? i’m only doing the regular foundation programme
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by sadeurydices
no I haven’t yet. have you?

i’m a UK citizen and currently live here. will I need one? i’m only doing the regular foundation programme

Oic, if you are UK residents, you don't need it....well finally received it :> see you this Autumn
Original post by Momo120
Oic, if you are UK residents, you don't need it....well finally received it :> see you this Autumn

see you!! if you come across any groups or group chats for foundation students on social media platforms, will you let us know on this thread? thanks !
Hi! Thought I'd bump this thread rather than making a new one. I'm 27 and I've applied to do this course too, so I've got a few questions.

Firstly, does anyone have something of a timeline for the admissions process? The application deadline was 5th March, so have been wondering when I should expect to hear from them.

Secondly, any idea roughly how many people tend to apply for this course? I saw there's only 50 places so was wondering how much competition there usually is.

Lastly, is it possible to get a confirmed place early, or is it quite a long drawn out process where I wont know if I've got a place til the summertime?

Thanks x
Original post by Master_Blaster
Hi! Thought I'd bump this thread rather than making a new one. I'm 27 and I've applied to do this course too, so I've got a few questions.

Firstly, does anyone have something of a timeline for the admissions process? The application deadline was 5th March, so have been wondering when I should expect to hear from them.

Secondly, any idea roughly how many people tend to apply for this course? I saw there's only 50 places so was wondering how much competition there usually is.

Lastly, is it possible to get a confirmed place early, or is it quite a long drawn out process where I wont know if I've got a place til the summertime?

Thanks x

Hey,
I've also applied for this course and just received my offer last week. I was just wondering if you were able to get a place on the course? If so did you get a response after you accepted the offer? I'm just a little concerned as I didn't get any confirmation that they have received my response.
Original post by lady__lazarus
Hey,
I've also applied for this course and just received my offer last week. I was just wondering if you were able to get a place on the course? If so did you get a response after you accepted the offer? I'm just a little concerned as I didn't get any confirmation that they have received my response.

Hiya, I’ve been accepted to the E&F course for 2021 too and after i used the google form to accept my place I didn’t receive a confirmation email but have since talked to leaders of the course (answering my questions about accom etc.) and have applied to uni halls using the student number they gave me. So I would say dw about not receiving a confirmation email
Hey,

Hi,

Congrats on getting a place. Do you know which pathway you're going to do?

I've been offered a place too. I've accepted it and haven't heard back from them yet, but I wouldn't worry about it just yet, I'm sure it's all fine :smile:
Original post by Jasmineu0b
Hiya, I’ve been accepted to the E&F course for 2021 too and after i used the google form to accept my place I didn’t receive a confirmation email but have since talked to leaders of the course (answering my questions about accom etc.) and have applied to uni halls using the student number they gave me. So I would say dw about not receiving a confirmation email

Hi Jasmine thank you for the reply! That's reassured me :smile:, are you apply to university halls? I'm debating renting privately as I assume that would be cheaper but I'm not sure yet.

And congrats on the offer!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Master_Blaster
Hi,

Congrats on getting a place. Do you know which pathway you're going to do?

I've been offered a place too. I've accepted it and haven't heard back from them yet, but I wouldn't worry about it just yet, I'm sure it's all fine :smile:

Hi, congrats to you too! :smile: I've going to do the arts and humanities pathway, have you decided which one you're going to do? Also will you be applying for accommodation via the university or privately? I'm already stressed out by how expensive rent in Bristol is ahhh.
Hi Jasmine thank you for the reply! That's reassured me :smile:, are you apply to university halls? I'm debating renting privately as I assume that would be cheaper but I'm not sure yet.

And congrats on the offer!

I’m 19 (took a gap year) so I’m going into halls my first year to get the proper uni experience and try and make some friends. But it is. so. expensive. Renting privately is definitely cheaper, I plan to rent a house second year
I’m 19 (took a gap year) so I’m going into halls my first year to get the proper uni experience and try and make some friends. But it is. so. expensive. Renting privately is definitely cheaper, I plan to rent a house second year

Ahhh you're a baby :biggrin:. I completely understand wanting the proper uni experience. Out of curiosity, which halls did you apply to?
Ahhh you're a baby :biggrin:. I completely understand wanting the proper uni experience. Out of curiosity, which halls did you apply to?

Yeah I’ll be a baby in the course and an old lady in my halls, I’m ready to teach them all how to cook and do laundry lol. I’be applied to mainly Stoke Bishop accommodation as from what I’ve been told it has more of a campus-ey, party, social community although I’ve put down a few east and west village accommodation too
Yeah I’ll be a baby in the course and an old lady in my halls, I’m ready to teach them all how to cook and do laundry lol. I’be applied to mainly Stoke Bishop accommodation as from what I’ve been told it has more of a campus-ey, party, social community although I’ve put down a few east and west village accommodation too

Hey, hope you're well :smile:, just wondering if you guys have received any further information via email regarding the course? I'm anxiously waiting for the timetable and prior reading for the year, ugh, lol.
Hey, hope you're well :smile:, just wondering if you guys have received any further information via email regarding the course? I'm anxiously waiting for the timetable and prior reading for the year, ugh, lol.

I haven't heard anything yet either. Last I got from them was was the confirmation letter, but since then its been quiet =/
Hey, sorry for bother, but did you book your accom straight though university portal?
I do pathway with kaplan and most of the information they gave me is about king square which is tooooo expensive.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, sorry for bother, but did you book your accom straight though university portal?
I do pathway with kaplan and most of the information they gave me is about king square which is tooooo expensive.

hey so I’ve just finished the foundation! you can apply to uni halls through the uni if you’re a first year student (which you are still; i was in wills hall), but bc it’s late now you’ll be in the second round of applications, which is for non guaranteed students on august 11. i recommend you look for private student halls too. i’m in hotwells house now, a private student hall

from experience you get that around mid to late august to September

Latest

Trending

Trending