The Student Room Group

Applying through UCAS as a post-grad - do I need the same login?

This may seem like a daft q but - I'm applying for post-grad med through UCAS after not using the service for three ish years, and I cannot remember my original login; is this important? Do I have to use the same login (as it's linked to my info), or is creating a new login fine?
Original post by carol.leader
This may seem like a daft q but - I'm applying for post-grad med through UCAS after not using the service for three ish years, and I cannot remember my original login; is this important? Do I have to use the same login (as it's linked to my info), or is creating a new login fine?

Under the previous system you'd need to register with a new login
UCAS are moving to a new "hub" setup which will be a single login for all applications - but that's starting up for 2022 entry now so even for that you need to register with a new login.

Make sure you're clear about *which* pg application system you're using. Some PG courses (mostly helath professions and social work) use the standard undergrad application system, PGCEs are now outside UCAS completely and for other MAs/MScs most universities will ask you to apply directly instead of using UCAS's postgrad application scheme
Original post by PQ
Under the previous system you'd need to register with a new login
UCAS are moving to a new "hub" setup which will be a single login for all applications - but that's starting up for 2022 entry now so even for that you need to register with a new login.

Make sure you're clear about *which* pg application system you're using. Some PG courses (mostly helath professions and social work) use the standard undergrad application system, PGCEs are now outside UCAS completely and for other MAs/MScs most universities will ask you to apply directly instead of using UCAS's postgrad application scheme

ah okay - i AM applying for 2022 entry, but haven't used it since 2018 ish, so am I right in understanding that I *will* need to make a new login? I believe my old login was with my secondary school email address anyway so I wouldn't have access to it now.
ah okay - i AM applying for 2022 entry, but haven't used it since 2018 ish, so am I right in understanding that I *will* need to make a new login? I believe my old login was with my secondary school email address anyway so I wouldn't have access to it now.

Make sure with the universities you're applying to that you should be using UCAS to apply for their courses.
If it's through UCAS then you'll need to register a new account.
Reply 4

I am assuming you mean Graduate Entry Medicine? Postgrad medicine is what doctors do after they have qualified and unless this is what you are meaning, calling it postgrad is causing some confusion re how to apply?
GEM is an undergrad course and you apply through UCAS
Original post by GANFYD
I am assuming you mean Graduate Entry Medicine? Postgrad medicine is what doctors do after they have qualified and unless this is what you are meaning, calling it postgrad is causing some confusion re how to apply?
GEM is an undergrad course and you apply through UCAS

yes apologies, it is GEM!

Quick Reply