The Student Room Group

Failed theory

I failed my Theory test today unfortunately. I was only 2 marks off and passed the hazard perception. Has anyone got any tips on passing? I’d really appreciate it as I really don’t want to fail again.
Thank you
Hi,

I wouldn’t worry about it, the theory pass rate for 2019/20 was 47.7%, so many fail first time.

For me, I downloaded ‘Theory 4 in 1’ rom the Appstore with gives 34 CGI clips & 51 real life videos, rating you out of 5 stars, like the 5 countdowns in the test. It allows you to redo the clips until you’ve got it the best you can. This really helped me, allowing me to pass first time and I don’t think I would’ve passed without this app (starting to feel like a sales pitch lol). It also has all the possible theory questions. The only downside is it costs £4.99, and I don’t like spending money on apps but this was worth it lmao.

Hope that helps!! :smile:
I used the same app as the user above and passed first time, so the £4.99 was worth it. It also has a pass guarantee feature so that if you meet all the goals it sets you but still fail, they’ll refund you the cost of your exam.
Original post by 1312ACAB
Hi,

I wouldn’t worry about it, the theory pass rate for 2019/20 was 47.7%, so many fail first time.

For me, I downloaded ‘Theory 4 in 1’ rom the Appstore with gives 34 CGI clips & 51 real life videos, rating you out of 5 stars, like the 5 countdowns in the test. It allows you to redo the clips until you’ve got it the best you can. This really helped me, allowing me to pass first time and I don’t think I would’ve passed without this app (starting to feel like a sales pitch lol). It also has all the possible theory questions. The only downside is it costs £4.99, and I don’t like spending money on apps but this was worth it lmao.

Hope that helps!! :smile:

Hi,

Thanks I also used the app I actually bought 3 (a bit too enthusiastic), I have practiced on the CD and online mock papers, I just don’t see where I went wrong.

thanks for your advice🙂
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I used the same app as the user above and passed first time, so the £4.99 was worth it. It also has a pass guarantee feature so that if you meet all the goals it sets you but still fail, they’ll refund you the cost of your exam.

I have the app too, but I don’t think mine has pass guarantee.
Thank you
Original post by Thedentalone
I have the app too, but I don’t think mine has pass guarantee.
Thank you

It’s probably not the same app if yours doesn’t have the pass guarantee scheme.
There are also free resources online with questions and hazard perception clips which might help.
It’s probably not the same app if yours doesn’t have the pass guarantee scheme.
There are also free resources online with questions and hazard perception clips which might help.

Yes probably not.
Thank you Im trying to find anything I can now online just so I know I’ve covered everything, which I thought I had but I’m really hoping I have more luck the second time round!
Yes probably not.
Thank you Im trying to find anything I can now online just so I know I’ve covered everything, which I thought I had but I’m really hoping I have more luck the second time round!

Sometimes it’s just being a little unlucky on the day and getting a few odd questions. I remember I had a handful of weird questions that I had to guess the answer to.
Good luck with your next attempt :smile:
Sometimes it’s just being a little unlucky on the day and getting a few odd questions. I remember I had a handful of weird questions that I had to guess the answer to.
Good luck with your next attempt :smile:

Yes I suppose so, and I seem to have bad luck with everything anyway 🙈
Good job guessing!
Thanks, I’ve got to wait until the end of July now due to covid..
Thank you 🙂
Hi,

Thanks I also used the app I actually bought 3 (a bit too enthusiastic), I have practiced on the CD and online mock papers, I just don’t see where I went wrong.

thanks for your advice🙂

The sad fact is, sometimes it’s just practice. It sucks that it happened but it does often take a while to get use to.
It also may just be that you need to practice more? I spent about 5 hours a day, 5/6 days a week for about two weeks before hand. It’s rubbish, but sometimes you just need to swat all you can. I’m sure you’ll do better next time, though :smile:
Original post by 1312ACAB
The sad fact is, sometimes it’s just practice. It sucks that it happened but it does often take a while to get use to.
It also may just be that you need to practice more? I spent about 5 hours a day, 5/6 days a week for about two weeks before hand. It’s rubbish, but sometimes you just need to swat all you can. I’m sure you’ll do better next time, though :smile:

Yes very true.
I tried doing that, revision little and often but about 3 days of continuous revision, so yes I need to try harder next time.
Thanks🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending