The Student Room Group

Depression

Lately I’ve been feeling sad and lost, like nothing even matters anymore. I can’t even leave my bed, I don’t have any energy left. I can’t do this anymore please help me.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 0vealle
Lately I’ve been feeling sad and lost, like nothing even matters anymore. I can’t even leave my bed, I don’t have any energy left. I can’t do this anymore please help me.

I understand how you are feeling, I have been through this myself where I may not even want to get up out of bed or do some of the most basic and menial tasks of everyday life. I get you might be feeling lonely and from my experience I can definitely tell you that this feeling is temporary. It is not something that lingers around you on a daily basis, sure there may be days when you struggle to find any motivation to go on, but if you are looking for a sign to keep going then here it is: You are brave, you can definitely get through this, I believe in you and even though I may not know you, I still care about everyone. Depression and loneliness will never truly leave us but we can learn to get stronger and not let it tear us apart at our lowest point in life. I have learnt that the hard way, take it from someone who has been constantly upset and on the verge of a mental breakdown to feeling worthless and having thoughts on ending it all. This WILL pass!!

I hope this helps and if you ever need someone to talk to. I am here xxx

Quick Reply

Latest