The Student Room Group

did anyone else struggle with dofe silver?

I did it in the South Downs national park and there were no issues with food or clothes. On the first day my group took the more difficult route with lots of steep hills and my backpack was so uncomfortable that we had to stop along the way to adjust all of our rucksacks. The first day was horrendous but rewarding. then on the second day, the temperature got even higher (28 degrees) and my foot got lots of rashes and I limped most of the way lol and got stung by stinging nettles
gosh that sounds awful. I did mine and my backpack did not fit my back properly so it was so painful. There were some stages that I felt were really tough and I wanted to pass out, though overall I was lucky with the weather and am training for gold :smile:
i canoed for my silver dofe so we didn’t have to carry any of our stuff on our backs. it was pretty easy
the practice expedition should be where you work out the stuff like backpack fitting so that the real thing doesn't have those issues
Original post by ReadingMum
the practice expedition should be where you work out the stuff like backpack fitting so that the real thing doesn't have those issues

yeah that's what I did. I was talking about general DofE Silver, not a specific expedition.
Original post by t0897
I did it in the South Downs national park and there were no issues with food or clothes. On the first day my group took the more difficult route with lots of steep hills and my backpack was so uncomfortable that we had to stop along the way to adjust all of our rucksacks. The first day was horrendous but rewarding. then on the second day, the temperature got even higher (28 degrees) and my foot got lots of rashes and I limped most of the way lol and got stung by stinging nettles

I can definitely relate, we as a group ended up with no matches or lighter on the second night of expedition and basically survived on snacks for both dinner that night and breakfast the third day :/ oops haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending