The Student Room Group

Is walking 2 hours a day to much?

Thinking about joining a football team but its an hours walk there.

Thinking it's too much? It's 1hr walk there - training - 1hr walk back.

Cheers
If you have the time then that’s great it will keep you really fit
I am walking around three hours almost everyday for like 7 years, And never felt like its too much.
Reply 3
Original post by kwame88
Thinking about joining a football team but its an hours walk there.

Thinking it's too much? It's 1hr walk there - training - 1hr walk back.

Cheers

yh my teacher does this
If you don't mind it then it sounds like good exercise, how about cycling or catching the bus?
Reply 5
Original post by question1234
If you have the time then that’s great it will keep you really fit

True cheers
Reply 6
Original post by JAckieee.chan
I am walking around three hours almost everyday for like 7 years, And never felt like its too much.

Wow! Fair enough.
Reply 7
Original post by t0897
yh my teacher does this

Cool
Reply 8
Original post by Kogomogo
If you don't mind it then it sounds like good exercise, how about cycling or catching the bus?

I'm too cheap for the bus lol. Yeah cycling could be good, thanks.
Too much... how? It'll take a long time, which is probably the main barrier. Bit of increase in shoe wear and tear. That's about it?
Reply 10
Original post by nexttime
Too much... how? It'll take a long time, which is probably the main barrier. Bit of increase in shoe wear and tear. That's about it?

Think you've misunderstood my question mate. Don't mind the walk, the issue was the commination of the walk + football training.
Walking is good. I don't know how often you plan to train, my concern would be that you'd spend a lot of time traveling between home and training that you could use to do other things. Have you considered cycling instead? it should cut the travel time at least by half if you go slow, and you can cycle faster as an extra warmup/cool-down to supplement your training.
Reply 12
Original post by lol.yolo
Walking is good. I don't know how often you plan to train, my concern would be that you'd spend a lot of time traveling between home and training that you could use to do other things. Have you considered cycling instead? it should cut the travel time at least by half if you go slow, and you can cycle faster as an extra warmup/cool-down to supplement your training.

Think trainings twice a week! Also matches when the season starts lol.
Yeah true, I'm definitely considering cycling, thanks
I walk two hours on Saturday and Sunday and that makes me so tired and annoyed I can't imagine doing it for more than that
Reply 14
Original post by Moonlight rain
I walk two hours on Saturday and Sunday and that makes me so tired and annoyed I can't imagine doing it for more than that

:biggrin: Haha fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest