The Student Room Group

Would it be weird to send my co-worker on the other shift a present?

When I started my job a long time ago, I was very nervous and struggled at first.

A lovely girl on the shift was very kind to me and helped me.

Now, I am confident. I do what I want and even my boss just leaves me alone.

I never forgot my roots though and that girl is now on another shift (alas!). I hear through the grapevine that she is facing some grief from some people there.

I want to be there for her, just as she was there for me. I am thinking of sending her some chocolates over.

Would this seem a bit strange out of the blue?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by RelayReplay
When I started my job a long time ago, I was very nervous and struggled at first.

I never forgot my roots though and that girl is now on another shift (alas!). I hear through the grapevine that she is facing some grief from some people there.

I want to be there for her, just as she was there for me. I am thinking of sending her some chocolates over.

Hi

I think it a nice thought you care of this person and I myself would be saying wow somebody likes me !!!

If you going to leave her a gift then suggest to put a note in saying why & who you are you giving her this gift and see what happens.
If you after a date from her then give her your number to allow her to contact you or message you with a answer.( I don't know if you planning to maybe ask her out for a meal & drink and good chat as you got nothing to lose by asking . )..!!!

It may sound weird but she will appreciate hopefully that there is people looking out for her there,

Go luck
Original post by RelayReplay

I agree with the other guy in that putting a note with the gift is a good move.

I think she will like it, especially as chocolates are not a provocative gift, I think your alright honestly.
Original post by Littleemma98
Hi

I think it a nice thought you care of this person and I myself would be saying wow somebody likes me !!!

If you going to leave her a gift then suggest to put a note in saying why & who you are you giving her this gift and see what happens.
If you after a date from her then give her your number to allow her to contact you or message you with a answer.( I don't know if you planning to maybe ask her out for a meal & drink and good chat as you got nothing to lose by asking . )..!!!

It may sound weird but she will appreciate hopefully that there is people looking out for her there,

Go luck

^ i second this, leave a note that simply explains why ur giving the gift
I think it's a lovely thing to do and I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending