The Student Room Group

WHSmith

What is the pay for a 16 and 17 year old working at whsmith as a sales assistant
(edited 2 years ago)
According to breakroom.cc, the 16-17 age group is paid £4.87-6.08 an hour. If I were you I'd look at a supermarket job. My friend worked at Waitrose when he was 17 and got paid £9.60 an hour.
Reply 2
Original post by tellur1an
According to breakroom.cc, the 16-17 age group is paid £4.87-6.08 an hour. If I were you I'd look at a supermarket job. My friend worked at Waitrose when he was 17 and got paid £9.60 an hour.

I saw that figure I’m hoping at 17 or 16 worker would reply to this post
Unfortunately there are no nearby Waitroses around
Original post by yhuss98
I saw that figure I’m hoping at 17 or 16 worker would reply to this post
Unfortunately there are no nearby Waitroses around

Ahh that's a shame. Most supermarkets pay well so it might be worth looking at Sainsbury's, Morrisons, etc. I've heard wedding venues also pay quite well and - seeing as there is a backlog of weddings and restrictions are easing - they may be looking for more staff. If you have strong grades you could also look into tutoring (I tutor a lad once a week for £20/hour). Good luck finding a job!
Reply 4
Ahh that's a shame. Most supermarkets pay well so it might be worth looking at Sainsbury's, Morrisons, etc. I've heard wedding venues also pay quite well and - seeing as there is a backlog of weddings and restrictions are easing - they may be looking for more staff. If you have strong grades you could also look into tutoring (I tutor a lad once a week for £20/hour). Good luck finding a job!

Tutoring seems good but I’m unsure what subjects to tutor and it seems that you have to have lesson plans etc
Reply 5
Original post by yhuss98
Tutoring seems good but I’m unsure what subjects to tutor and it seems that you have to have lesson plans etc

To be honest most people wouldn't want a 16 or 17 year old tutor
Original post by Hama31
To be honest most people wouldn't want a 16 or 17 year old tutor

Don't think that's true at all - I started tutoring and teaching the piano when I was 16. If you do it at a cheap rate compared to other tutors and advertise on somewhere like Nextdoor it won't be hard to find someone.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Don't think that's true at all - I started tutoring and teaching the piano when I was 16. If you it at a cheap rate compared to other tutors and advertise on somewhere like Nextdoor it won't be hard to find someone.

Oh i never knew that. That’s pretty nice to hear 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending