The Student Room Group

Lesbian housemate walks round the house naked

This girl I share a house with she's such a show off I mean she does have a great body but she would get changed in her room without shutting the door or curtains, she walks from her room to the bathroom naked when she either has a bath or shower, she leaves the bathroom door open when going to the toilet, we tried talking to her but she was like well if you don't like it you don't have to look and says she's comfortable walking naked like that in those situations, advice?

Scroll to see replies

What has her sexual orientation got to do with this?
Maybe you and your housemates should start doing some of the same things- watch how quickly it takes for her to start getting uncomfortable.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
This girl I share a house with she's such a show off I mean she does have a great body but she would get changed in her room without shutting the door or curtains, she walks from her room to the bathroom naked when she either has a bath or shower, she leaves the bathroom door open when going to the toilet, we tried talking to her but she was like well if you don't like it you don't have to look and says she's comfortable walking naked like that in those situations, advice?

Does she own the apartment? If she doesn't then maybe talk with your friends about having her move out if she's generally making you uncomfortable. I don't see what her sexuality has to do with it, but just talk to her again and see if she agrees to stop walking around naked.
Reply 3
Does she own the apartment? If she doesn't then maybe talk with your friends about having her move out if she's generally making you uncomfortable. I don't see what her sexuality has to do with it, but just talk to her again and see if she agrees to stop walking around naked.

No she does not own the house
Reply 4
Original post by glassalice
What has her sexual orientation got to do with this?
Maybe you and your housemates should start doing some of the same things- watch how quickly it takes for her to start getting uncomfortable.

Well it's the fact she is open about being a lesbian and not bothered about me seeing her naked as I'm a guy
I wouldn’t be complaining if a female housemate walked around the house naked :lol:
This seems like bait.
This housemate may not be straight but this story is straight up fake.
Lmao what is this.
Original post by RichPiana
I wouldn’t be complaining if a female housemate walked around the house naked :lol:

Yeah, but not everyone is awful.
call the police, if a man did this it would be exhibitionism and he'd be put on the sex offenders register

Where did you say you live?
Reply 12
ooh la la
Original post by YaliaV123
This seems like bait.

Good evening Ms Yalia!!

A girl walks naked in the house?
I don't see what the problem is!!
It's called sexual liberation...
Original post by Justaboutalive
Lmao what is this.

It's just great!!
Someone is sexually liberated and the others who are not that much liberated are feeling a little weird. But you can get used to it..
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm going to offer you advice about how you might approach this with her. Because comments like "what's the problem" aren't really helping you here.

First of all, it can be overwhelming to confront your housemate (HM) with a list of issues, so prioritise.

- Changing/Naked in bedroom with door open - low priority
- Walking from bedroom to bathroom naked - middle priority - assuming one is near to the other. If she's going from one end of the house to the other then that's more of an issue.
- Keeping the door open while on the toilet - high priority - that seems pretty weird to me

HM might be comfortable, but you need to tell her that you aren't comfortable knowing that the next time you walk out of your bedroom you might see a naked person. Whether you look or not, it's the thought that someone is doing that which is making you uneasy. You have no problem at all with her being naked inside a room. But can she at least give herself some privacy when taking a dump.

You may also want to raise the possibility that in the future you may have friends round who will not want to see her naked and could be quite a shock if that were to happen. So getting into good habits now would be helpful there.
I agree shutting the toilet and bathroom door should be the priority of things to tackle. Whilst too many people in the UK are uptight about nudity, there has to be some consideration for others.
Well it's the fact she is open about being a lesbian and not bothered about me seeing her naked as I'm a guy

complain because God forbid anything happens you'll be blamed if the roles were reversed people will have such a different perspective. its wrong either way
Yeah I mean as a male if I did it I would never hear the end of it and yeah her bedroom is the other side of the house to the bathroom
Yeah I mean as a male if I did it I would never hear the end of it and yeah her bedroom is the other side of the house to the bathroom

In which case explain that is a problem.
Does her route to the bathroom pass the front door? Or any communal area? (two houses I've lived in did, if you think it's a strange question)
It would be a shock to anyone delivering something at the door, or a guest sitting in your kitchen.

Latest

Trending

Trending