Will class go online or offline in September?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I will be an undergrad 1st year student at KCL. I plan to look for a flat but I am not sure whether class will be online or not. I will not book a flat if class go online.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I honestly don't know if anyone can answer that. Virus numbers are climbing again so more restrictions would look more likely than not.
capeverde123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I honestly don't know if anyone can answer that. Virus numbers are climbing again so more restrictions would look more likely than not.
By september the vast majority of people will be double dosed and we know 2 doses are extremely effective against this variant. Cases are rising now because loads of people are still unvaccinated.

Imo at the very least it will be an even mix of offline and online learning.
Last edited by capeverde123; 3 months ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by capeverde123)
By september the vast majority of people will be double dosed and we know 2 doses are extremely effective against this variant. Cases are rising now because loads of people are still unvaccinated.

Imo at the very least it will be an even mix of offline and online learning.
Some sort of 'blended learning' would indeed be my best guess, but I doubt we'll be back to normal attendance. We'll mess something else up or move the goalposts again (Time for your 3rd shot maybe?), I don't think it can be argued that our Government doesn't make terrible decisions on this and nothing has changed at the top.
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I will be an undergrad 1st year student at KCL. I plan to look for a flat but I am not sure whether class will be online or not. I will not book a flat if class go online.
anonymous #1
Hello! I lecture in FE and HE and know a little about the sector's attitude at the moment. Currently, there is an expectation that academic staff return to campus, however several institutions have chosen to have a blended learning approach for September. This depends on a) the requirements of the qualification - courses involving placement are 50% not on site anyway and b) the requirements of the subject (i.e. Sociology is easier to do from home than engineering)

Keep a close eye on what your institution has to say

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
kcl emailed saying it would be blended but mostly online, for my subject anyway
TanBoi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Which subject ? I have an offer for History & IR but not received any such email for blended learning till now. I wont book a room (anyways Im not getting one, Im waitlisted) if its feasible to be done online for first semester.
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Same here, I got an email about blended learning but I only think there's roughly 10-20 of us in my subject? Since we've been told it's a small class. Check with your department!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads