The Student Room Group

my friend liked me on Tinder

I haven’t seen this girl since last March. We used to go to the same college and she would often tease me for this awkward date we once went on years ago when we were 16 (now we are 20). We haven’t spoken in months and I’ve just woken up to seeing she has liked me on Tinder so I now have the chance to match or not match her. Part of me feels like she’s not being serious but another part does. If she was, I would genuinely pursue it. The reason our date didn’t work is because we both never been on dates before so we were so frigid towards each other. I’ve been in three relationships since then and she’s been in at least one. What should I do and should I say something to her? Would you girls match just because it’s a mate?

Scroll to see replies

Chat with her on Tinder so that you may know what she's up to.
I wouldn't match a mate lol, you could talk to her.
I usually block friends. But if it's someone I used to know, I'd swipe right in a "I wonder what they're up to" kind of way. Also, I might do it out of politeness in case they matched me.

Try not to read to much into it. There are many more possible explanations than just that she fancies you.
IMHO I don't think a girl would do that unless she was being serious. I think she fancies you mate. Get in there lad.
Reply 5
Hmmm, mixed responses so far
Original post by Anonymous
Hmmm, mixed responses so far

I have matched guys on tinder in the past sometimes out of curiosity, i'm not proud of it but wanted to see if they were attracted to me too. When we both matched i felt pleased about it but there was as time when i hurriedly unmatched as i realised i wasn't interested just curious.

So it depends. I wouldn't read too much into it, and think you have just the same kind of chance as anyone else she matches. If anything you have to prove you can have a good time this time and not a frigid one like before. I got a flirty message like 'look who it is... :wink:' when a friend matched me once lol. I kinda liked it. If you don't message for a few days after matching it may get awkward tho
Reply 7
I have matched guys on tinder in the past sometimes out of curiosity, i'm not proud of it but wanted to see if they were attracted to me too. When we both matched i felt pleased about it but there was as time when i hurriedly unmatched as i realised i wasn't interested just curious.

So it depends. I wouldn't read too much into it, and think you have just the same kind of chance as anyone else she matches. If anything you have to prove you can have a good time this time and not a frigid one like before. I got a flirty message like 'look who it is... :wink:' when a friend matched me once lol. I kinda liked it. If you don't message for a few days after matching it may get awkward tho

Her bio says “let’s go clothes shopping and then go back to mine and Netflix and cuddle”. My bio says I am into fashion and films so that could’ve been why she swiped right too. I’m considering matching and popping up with “it’s been four years since that first date! clothes shopping and Netflix and cuddles sounds like a decent second date? 😉”
Reply 8
Her bio says “let’s go clothes shopping and then go back to mine and Netflix and cuddle”. My bio says I am into fashion and films so that could’ve been why she swiped right too. I’m considering matching and popping up with “it’s been four years since that first date! clothes shopping and Netflix and cuddles sounds like a decent second date? 😉”

But I’m not sure if that’s too forward

To me personally i would find that a little lame, maybe drop the exclamation mark? the wink is playful enough without sounding too keen

plus i would say can we start over rather than let's pick up where we left off (badly...)

just my opinion u know her better
Well, it’s up to you. Seems as though your history with her is changing your perspective on whether or not you match with her - which is respectable. But you did say you both were inexperienced, would that really matter though? I mean if you liked her at that point, being frigid is something you both could’ve worked on at that point?

If you find her attractive, you might as well give it a shot otherwise you’ll lose your chance..

Just talk to her like any normal person will chat to a match. Probably behave as you normally do but with clear intentions you want a relationship if that’s what you’re after. She wouldn’t swipe right on you with “just friends” intentions when she can clearly just message you on social media :facepalm2:
That's so cute, I'm jealous lol. I would match and start teasing her about it immediately tbh.

Childhood sweetheart stories like that are so oof, right in the heart.
(edited 2 years ago)

That sounds great, go for it! Good luck :smile:
I wouldn't match with a mate because it means I've already seen what their personality is and our connection as friends so I wouldn't take it further
Update us later I wanna know what happens
Original post by idonthavealife05
Update us later I wanna know what happens

Ok so here’s the update. She popped up with “recognise you kinda” and we just pretended we didn’t know each other. We then started talking about going clothes shopping and back to hers for Netflix and snuggles whatever. She said I could pick what we watch on Netflix and I told her that my cuddles will be less awkward than that date we went on. She laughed, I said we should erase that memory from our heads by going clothes shopping and watching Netflix at somebody’s after with cuddles (context: her bio says “want someone to take me clothes shopping for the day and then watch Netflix together with cuddles”). She said “I’m down. I’ve missed hanging out with you so much.”

Thing is my mate (who doesn’t know her as well as me still) was unsure if it was genuine or not as she does have a flirtatious personality anyways and I don’t wanna be led on. What do I do?
Ok so here’s the update. She popped up with “recognise you kinda” and we just pretended we didn’t know each other. We then started talking about going clothes shopping and back to hers for Netflix and snuggles whatever. She said I could pick what we watch on Netflix and I told her that my cuddles will be less awkward than that date we went on. She laughed, I said we should erase that memory from our heads by going clothes shopping and watching Netflix at somebody’s after with cuddles (context: her bio says “want someone to take me clothes shopping for the day and then watch Netflix together with cuddles”). She said “I’m down. I’ve missed hanging out with you so much.”

Thing is my mate (who doesn’t know her as well as me still) was unsure if it was genuine or not as she does have a flirtatious personality anyways and I don’t wanna be led on. What do I do?

Get her phone number and set the date up? There's nothing left to do lol.

This is cute af though I hope you get together.
Okay I will reply when I wake up tomorrow as it’s a bit late now. I’m just worried it will be hardcore friend zone and she’s just led me on. Part of me even thinks she will just end up saying we are only going clothes shopping, I wanna do NETFLIX AND SNUGGLES!
UPDATE: She wants to instead go to this Korean food restaurant. I won’t say the name but I looked it up and it’s 15 miles away from me so we’d have to get a train together plus it looks SUPER POSH. Would any of you take a friend (of the opposite sex) to a posh restaurant? She also said we should watch a movie still later. Idk if that means at hers or at the cinema

im so invested in this. I say carry on and update me again after

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending