The Student Room Group

Travelling alone

It will be my first time ever travelling alone from a non EU country to the UK, what should I do after successfully getting a student visa and fully vaccinated? It is important for me to know what to do as I will not be assisted by anyone
are you coming to study?
Do you have an offer?
Where are you planning to visit?

you'll get more info if you give a bit more yourself
Original post by ReadingMum
are you coming to study?
Do you have an offer?
Where are you planning to visit?

you'll get more info if you give a bit more yourself

I am planning to go to the UK to study Real estates.
I had offers but rejected them all, now I am going through clearing
I hope to visit the North West as well as the Midlands for my studies
if you get a place through clearing that might mean that you have to find private accommodation as offer holders will have had first choice on uni accommodation. Until you know which uni you are going to, and where you will be living, there isn't much more you can do yet.
I would think that you need to register with a GP (if you are allowed to use the NHS) and uni will probably have the info on that.
You should try and open a bank account but it might be difficult if you are new to the country.
This might be better in a section for international students rather than travel.
Original post by ReadingMum
if you get a place through clearing that might mean that you have to find private accommodation as offer holders will have had first choice on uni accommodation. Until you know which uni you are going to, and where you will be living, there isn't much more you can do yet.
I would think that you need to register with a GP (if you are allowed to use the NHS) and uni will probably have the info on that.
You should try and open a bank account but it might be difficult if you are new to the country.
This might be better in a section for international students rather than travel.

Ohhh, Is there a way I can change the thread?
Original post by Georgelennon
Ohhh, Is there a way I can change the thread?

I have already asked if that can be done for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending