The Student Room Group

Struggling to be comfortable

I find it difficult to study and make friends through secondary school, they were many attempts, as a result most of them found it creepy (I can admit that) and I've been in England for 11 years, overall I'm still living with no friends even through college. I guess it's something to do with being bullied years before I arrive to the country. Right now its getting harder for me to communicate and getting along with people.

Do I deserve not having friends, even a group? If not, when?
I only have 2 friends. Same ones for 10 years. I am no good at making friends. I don't have much to offer, personality wise I am boring and broke. I don't go clubbing either.

It is ok. I hardly feel lonely
I think loneliness is something within. If you are happy with your life, you will never feel lonely
Reply 3
It just feels a bit depressing for me tbh, and I will be happy when I have a massive group of friends
Original post by Anonymous
I only have 2 friends. Same ones for 10 years. I am no good at making friends. I don't have much to offer, personality wise I am boring and broke. I don't go clubbing either.

It is ok. I hardly feel lonely

yours are loyal , there people who make 2 or 3 friend a week or a month but they always left them behind
Original post by you.better.eat
yours are loyal , there people who make 2 or 3 friend a week or a month but they always left them behind

We went to the same primary school. We still talk even though we are at university. It is because we are very similar in views, personality, looks, height. That is why we get along.
Original post by Flave21
It just feels a bit depressing for me tbh, and I will be happy when I have a massive group of friends

Get a boyfriend. It will make you less lonely.
Dating apps are a good start . You can make a boyfriend or girlfriend or even friends
Reply 8
Get a boyfriend. It will make you less lonely.

Dating apps are a good start . You can make a boyfriend or girlfriend or even friends

You mean girlfriend (not boyfriend)? I could get a gf, but it could get complicated as well if she finds out that I never had friends. I could start approaching women out in a public place, such as going to a city
Original post by Flave21
You mean girlfriend (not boyfriend)? I could get a gf, but it could get complicated as well if she finds out that I never had friends. I could start approaching women out in a public place, such as going to a city

A woman will never accept someone who approached in the street or public place. Maybe a bar or a pub or even club
Reply 10
A woman will never accept someone who approached in the street or public place. Maybe a bar or a pub or even club

Are you saying that as an overall of the women? Most of all women will accept and most women never. I also wonder... have you ever approached women?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Flave21
Are you saying that as an overall of the women? Most of all women will accept and most women never. I also wonder... have you ever approached women?

Approach in a club or bar or pub.

Don't approach in the street
are there no nice social rejects around? i have people in my year who are pretty nice but unpopular due to looks or habits
Reply 13
Approach in a club or bar or pub.

Don't approach in the street

Depends on what personality and attitude you currently have.

Yes or No

Have you ever tried approaching a woman in the streets before?
Reply 14
Original post by PeltKatsudon
are there no nice social rejects around? i have people in my year who are pretty nice but unpopular due to looks or habits

Not mainly on your looks is what I understand, never felt rejections before (based on social situations)
Original post by PeltKatsudon

the term Social reject is an exaggeration. There are unpopular kids with few friends but calling them social rejects is too far
Reply 16
Original post by Flave21

You won't be happy with anyone else, friendship or relationship, until you are happy with yourself. Learn to enjoy your own company and what is appreciated by other people in terms of approach, conversation and other behaviour.

Get some hobbies or volunteer and meet like-minded people that way. If you want a girlfriend, make friends with girls first. Don't go randomly approaching women on the street.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending