The Student Room Group

Migrant worker

Hi, I have to prove to migrant worker that I am looking for job during January 2021-"may2021 I had an illness this period and I couldn't continue working , I also got stuck in Romania because I couldn't travel due to my illness, now everything is OK but student finance is asking me for evidence of employment I don't have any , but I am looking for work , they said I need to provide a letter from job center to confirm that I am looking for work but no one will give me that letter because I need to apply for job seeker and a student is not eligible for this. I don't understand what evidence I need to send in my situation to keep my migrant worker status and also to be paid. Please I really need help I am desperate.
Original post by Bouzidim3
Hi, I have to prove to migrant worker that I am looking for job during January 2021-"may2021 I had an illness this period and I couldn't continue working , I also got stuck in Romania because I couldn't travel due to my illness, now everything is OK but student finance is asking me for evidence of employment I don't have any , but I am looking for work , they said I need to provide a letter from job center to confirm that I am looking for work but no one will give me that letter because I need to apply for job seeker and a student is not eligible for this. I don't understand what evidence I need to send in my situation to keep my migrant worker status and also to be paid. Please I really need help I am desperate.

Hi Bouzidim, you could provide evidence you were sick and unable to work and our assessors will review this. Did you apply to jobs?
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Bouzidim, you could provide evidence you were sick and unable to work and our assessors will review this. Did you apply to jobs?
Thanks, Isaac

I did apply for a job I signed the job offer as well and I can get a letter from the company to confirm that I went through all the steps I even did an online course for them but because I got sick I couldn't start... As well they can confirm that as soon as I recover I can start work, are these evidence enough.?
I did apply for a job I signed the job offer as well and I can get a letter from the company to confirm that I went through all the steps I even did an online course for them but because I got sick I couldn't start... As well they can confirm that as soon as I recover I can start work, are these evidence enough.?

I can't confirm if it's enough as that is for the assessors to decide.

You can upload/send everything you have and they will make a decision. I advise you to provide evidence of your sickness and write a cover letter explaining the situation also.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
I can't confirm if it's enough as that is for the assessors to decide.

You can upload/send everything you have and they will make a decision. I advise you to provide evidence of your sickness and write a cover letter explaining the situation also.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much, by law the job offer is considered a contract so I think this is the best evidence to show that I am engaged in a contract with this company, also their letter of confirmation, but due to my health problems I cannot work at the moment.
Thank you very much, by law the job offer is considered a contract so I think this is the best evidence to show that I am engaged in a contract with this company, also their letter of confirmation, but due to my health problems I cannot work at the moment.

You're welcome. You won't be able to apply for the Migrant Worker funding in your future applications if you are not working but if you can provide this evidence then funding could still be awarded for the current year.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
You're welcome. You won't be able to apply for the Migrant Worker funding in your future applications if you are not working but if you can provide this evidence then funding could still be awarded for the current year.
Thanks, Isaac

This is my last year so I won't need other application. Thank you very much for the help.
This is my last year so I won't need other application. Thank you very much for the help.

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending