The Student Room Group

Does this job exist

Basically, I want to go into a field that helps parents well, be, parents. e.g parents struggling to be good parents to child emotionally so they see a professional to learn. i guess it would come loosley under therapy but is there a career that is kinda like this
Yh I believe it's called suppernanny
Original post by 14t
Basically, I want to go into a field that helps parents well, be, parents. e.g parents struggling to be good parents to child emotionally so they see a professional to learn. i guess it would come loosley under therapy but is there a career that is kinda like this

There are a few roles that might incorporate 'parent teaching' with other things too: children's centre practitioner, social worker, family support worker, home-school liaison worker, work for a charity or organisation that runs parenting classes etc.
My dad is a child psychiatrist and his job involves teaching parents to parent. Ironic, considering what a **** parent he was during my childhood, but there we go.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My dad is a child psychiatrist and his job involves teaching parents to parent. Ironic, considering what a **** parent he was during my childhood, but there we go.

Sorry but this did make me smile. Hope things are going better for you now.
Reply 5
Original post by 14t

Something like this would probably be an example of what you mean.

https://www.relate.org.uk/about-us/work-us/jobs/family-support-worker-rpcp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending