The Student Room Group

Is it haram to be in a relationship if things are not sexual

Otherwise how else will you know they're the one for you?
In this country being in a relationship is totally and 100% halal. Remember, halal in the streets, haram in the sheets.
Reply 2
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
In this country being in a relationship is totally and 100% halal. Remember, halal in the streets, haram in the sheets.

I'm talking about Islam not this country
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah it’s haram
Have multiple meetings with family/third party present to determine compatibility
Reply 4
Yeah it’s haram
Have multiple meetings with family/third party present to determine compatibility

That's a bit awkward
How do you bring it up to family members?
That's a bit awkward

Just say you are interested in getting to know someone for marriage. You don’t have to end up marrying them if you don’t feel like they are right for you. But at least you get a better understanding somewhat
No.
It is not a sin to have friends of any biological sex.
Nor to be seeking a compatible marriage partner who fits your attraction dealbreakers and is compatible with your ambitions, lifestyle and values.

Don't allow any religious fanatic to convince you that it is prohibited to make eye contact with other people or the evil work of the devil to try to get to know potential partners personalities & ambitions to ensure that they are the right spouse and potential co-parent of your children.
Trust your gut instinct and use your common sense.
I hope that you will find your soulmate soon. :smile:
Good luck!
yh its haram islam works on prevention before sure, at one point your relationship will be haram - u shouldnt have multiple meetings w/o famil members etc, try speak to ur parents if ur serious about it!
That's a bit awkward

It's actually not awkward unless you make it awkward. As a Muslim man, I'll need to speak to another Muslim man who is the Wali' of a girl I interested in order to get permission to speak with her. It can start through a random conversation or by getting his details from her, and then telling him I am interested in marriage. Then have family meetings to get to know each other etc. So best start building up your communication and charming skills

Absolutely haram!!

No sex and no relationships before marriage.
The rules are simple and must be followed.

Islam is such a perfect & beautiful ideology that you don't have to know who is the one you are getting married to as long as both families agree to the marriage.

God has a plan and he knows better than anyone else!!
Original post by londonmyst
No.
It is not a sin to have friends of any biological sex.
Nor to be seeking a compatible marriage partner who fits your attraction dealbreakers and is compatible with your ambitions, lifestyle and values.

Don't allow any religious fanatic to convince you that it is prohibited to make eye contact with other people or the evil work of the devil to try to get to know potential partners personalities & ambitions to ensure that they are the right spouse and potential co-parent of your children.
Trust your gut instinct and use your common sense.
I hope that you will find your soulmate soon. :smile:
Good luck!

Unfortunately you are not informed very well. In the religion of peace & love, the perfect and most beautiful ideology the world has ever seen, relationships & sex are not allowed before marriage. Neither parties, nor others venues, and even friendships can lead to inappropriate thoughts and behaviour.

So everything is haram outside marriage.
yh its haram islam works on prevention before sure, at one point your relationship will be haram - u shouldnt have multiple meetings w/o famil members etc, try speak to ur parents if ur serious about it!

Precisely!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending