The Student Room Group

losing a lot of blood dating period

i have never lost so much blood during my period. I am seeing a LOT of blood clots in my urine and also when i go pee the water becomes dark red/ maroon . last night my pad was soaked in blood. i'm not sure what to do, i having quite bad cramps too. help?
Reply 1
i cant spell *DURING my period* :/
I would talk to your GP about this! If nothing else, they'll give you some iron supplements to help keep you energetic.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I would talk to your GP about this! If nothing else, they'll give you some iron supplements to help keep you energetic.

I never knew this...so you could get aneamia from a period like this?
Sometimes it can happen that periods are just worth than others. However, sometimes it can also be a sign that something else might be going on, such as endometriosis. It might be a good idea to have a chat with your GP, even if it's just for reassurance.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
i have never lost so much blood during my period. I am seeing a LOT of blood clots in my urine and also when i go pee the water becomes dark red/ maroon . last night my pad was soaked in blood. i'm not sure what to do, i having quite bad cramps too. help?

Are you taking anything for the cramps?

How old are you?

How many days has the bleeding lasted so far?
Original post by Anonymous
I never knew this...so you could get aneamia from a period like this?

Yup - losing a lot of blood can definitely make you anaemic.
If there is blood in your urine, you should be speaking to your doctor.
Some tips to help off the bat:
- Take your iron pills, get that iron up.
- Are you on the hormonal pills? Eg. like femme tab?
- Do you have PCOS?

These are all factors that can affect menstruation.
Reply 9
Original post by black tea
If there is blood in your urine, you should be speaking to your doctor.

That's not what the OP is implying; it's normal with a period for urine to be discoloured with blood.
Original post by Surnia
That's not what the OP is implying; it's normal with a period for urine to be discoloured with blood.

They said they were seeing clots in their urine
Original post by black tea
They said they were seeing clots in their urine

If the clots are coming from the bladder then of course this needs to be investigated. However, it's really common for pee to rinse off the clots which have come from the uterus but are chilling around the vaginal entrance until you go to the toilet. The latter is what I assumed the OP meant.

Quick Reply

Latest