The Student Room Group

Question for people who have finished their A-levels

Just curious about how many folders of notes and stuff you had in the end??

I’m trying to sort mine out today to see what I’d like to keep and I have 9 and a bit lever arch files worth (4 are just chemistry 😂)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Hellllpppp

I’m trying to sort mine out today to see what I’d like to keep and I have 9 and a bit lever arch files worth (4 are just chemistry 😂)

I had two folders for economics class content and two for history with an extra folder respectively for exam stuff. Computer science was obviously mostly digital so one small folder for loose worksheets
I think I had 7 in the end!
Reply 3

I worked out by the end of y12 that I didn't read my notes so I started making digital flashcards instead. Still ended up with 2 massive lever arch ones and 3 smaller ones though.

Did you keep all the questions you did?
I had 3 class work folders for each subject, 3 business revision folders, 2 sociology revision folders and 1 psychology revision folder, 1 folder per subject with revision on chapters that were in the mini assessments, a past papers folder, a key assessments folder and a folder for plastic wallets and dividers so 15 overall (all lever arch files)...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by atgeorge
I worked out by the end of y12 that I didn't read my notes so I started making digital flashcards instead. Still ended up with 2 massive lever arch ones and 3 smaller ones though.

Did you keep all the questions you did?

Yeah in maths I have a folder just full of questions I’ve completed. In biology and chemistry I put the questions I had done with my notes for the topics the were about.
Reply 6
Original post by SB1234567890
I had 3 class work folders for each subject, 3 business revision folders, 2 sociology revision folders and 1 psychology revision folder, 1 folder per subject with revision on chapters that were in the mini assessments, a past papers folder, a key assessments folder and a folder for plastic wallets and dividers so 15 overall (all lever arch files)...

Wow, I heard business was a content heavy subject but 3 revision folders :eek:
Reply 7
Yeah in maths I have a folder just full of questions I’ve completed. In biology and chemistry I put the questions I had done with my notes for the topics the were about.

geez that makes sense tho. least you can keep all the folders for the future if theyre not too worn
Reply 8
Original post by atgeorge
geez that makes sense tho. least you can keep all the folders for the future if theyre not too worn

Yeah 7 are the ones I used at gcse so have quite a few dents and stuff but only one is completely broken. I’m thinking of keeping everything until at least results day just in case I need to retake. Parts of each of my subject will be relevant to my degree and I will probably keep all of my biology and chemistry stuff. I’m not sure how useful my maths notes will be as they’re mainly just workings out so I might just throw them all out then I’ll have a couple folders to take with me to uni.
I had just one lever arch folder for all subjects, my geography one was full! Biology was half full, chemistry was full too! And maths was less than half full.
Wow, I heard business was a content heavy subject but 3 revision folders :eek:

Yeah I made powerpoints for each chapter and printed them out then I added in pages of real life business examples to use in essays then there was the formula sheets..
Also, the combination of being a workaholic and stationery addict meant I had more paper based revision to fill up my folders and less digitial revision
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous778
I had just one lever arch folder for all subjects, my geography one was full! Biology was half full, chemistry was full too! And maths was less than half full.

What did you keep in your folders?? Did you keep class notes or exam questions?
What did you keep in your folders?? Did you keep class notes or exam questions?

I kept notes, my notes are VERY concise, that’s why there’s so little of them! And I also had done lost of past papers that are In those same folders. I do not use class notes, I would write my own notes from the textbook before class, then come to lesson and add anything new.
Yeah I made powerpoints for each chapter and printed them out then I added in pages of real life business examples to use in essays then there was the formula sheets..
Also, the combination of being a workaholic and stationery addict meant I had more paper based revision to fill up my folders and less digitial revision

Sounds like me :biggrin:

Are you in the summer after A-levels at the moment? What are you studying now/planning on studying next? I hope you got the results you wanted or if you’re waiting for your results I hope it all works out :colondollar:
I kept notes, my notes are VERY concise, that’s why there’s so little of them! And I also had done lost of past papers that are In those same folders. I do not use class notes, I would write my own notes from the textbook before class, then come to lesson and add anything new.

You must be really smart I always looked at the textbook before lessons but it never made sense to me until my teachers explained it to me!

I’m also really bad at concise note taking do you have any tips?? I sort of depended on PMT and a-levelnotes.co.uk for concise notes
Sounds like me :biggrin:

Are you in the summer after A-levels at the moment? What are you studying now/planning on studying next? I hope you got the results you wanted or if you’re waiting for your results I hope it all works out :colondollar:

I've just finished A levels in psychology, sociology and business and hoping to get into university of Exeter for business and management
Thanks
You?
I've just finished A levels in psychology, sociology and business and hoping to get into university of Exeter for business and management
Thanks
You?

I’ve just finished biology, chemistry and maths and I’m hoping to go to university of Southampton to do Natural Sciences
I’ve just finished biology, chemistry and maths and I’m hoping to go to university of Southampton to do Natural Sciences

Southampton is my insurance:smile:
What grades are you hoping to get?
Southampton is my insurance:smile:
What grades are you hoping to get?

I need A*AA to get in and I was on track for A*A*A most of the year I’m hoping for A*A*A* as I managed to get it in my last two assessments, I’m cautious to get my hopes up but fingers crossed. What do you hope to get?

Have you applied for accommodation at Southampton, did you know you’re guaranteed even if it’s your insurance choice? That’s why I picked UEA as my insurance over Bath, if results day goes wrong it’s one less thing to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest