The Student Room Group

Rejected from every job ?

I'm applying for part time roles but boots, superdrug, Itsu, Coco fresh tea and juice have all rejected me.
Inditex has not replied as their applications are weird. I signed up for 4 openings but all it says is profile received.
H&M doesn't review my application even though I ve applied for 3 positions through their smartrecruiters form.
Pret a Manger is under review since 14 days.

What do I do? I really need a job but it seems like nobody will take me

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There are multiple reasons why they might have rejected you, one being the way you've presented yourself through your CV does not coincide with what they're looking for or maybe you haven't given them enough or you have not shown passion and interest in the job so it looks like you're just doing it for money and not for the experience and to be part of a community , and at his time companies are receiving thousands of applications so it will take a while for them to get through everyone. Just keep applying and maybe tidying up your CV and hope for the best.Good luck with everything
There are multiple reasons why they might have rejected you, one being the way you've presented yourself through your CV does not coincide with what they're looking for or maybe you haven't given them enough or you have not shown passion and interest in the job so it looks like you're just doing it for money and not for the experience and to be part of a community , and at his time companies are receiving thousands of applications so it will take a while for them to get through everyone. Just keep applying and maybe tidying up your CV and hope for the best.

Good luck with everything
Original post by t232
There are multiple reasons why they might have rejected you, one being the way you've presented yourself through your CV does not coincide with what they're looking for or maybe you haven't given them enough or you have not shown passion and interest in the job so it looks like you're just doing it for money and not for the experience and to be part of a community , and at his time companies are receiving thousands of applications so it will take a while for them to get through everyone. Just keep applying and maybe tidying up your CV and hope for the best.Good luck with everything

But as a student who has no experience, they should at least offer a part time role? My CV has my education, experience which are mostly academic based and a till worker for 1 month

If they don't even give a chance how do people apply?
have a look at cv templates online and there are websites that tell u what u should include in the cv. you could try volunteering in a charity shop to help with experience. Make sure u look at the job description and try to tailor your cv to fit with what they’re looking for. eg if they say they want a hardworking person. Then u put hardworking in your personal profile in your cv. Same with good communication skillls and time management etc.
Good luck!!
Reply 5
Original post by Becausethefool
But as a student who has no experience, they should at least offer a part time role? My CV has my education, experience which are mostly academic based and a till worker for 1 month

Would you be in a position to work full time during the summer? If you were, that might help with future applications.
Original post by Kerzen
Would you be in a position to work full time during the summer? If you were, that might help with future applications.

I'm an international student so I don't think I can work full time. My BRP says 20 hrs max term time

you can just look for jobs that offer part time roles , not all companies are offering part time roles so look for part time specific roles
I'm applying for part time roles but boots, superdrug, Itsu, Coco fresh tea and juice have all rejected me.
Inditex has not replied as their applications are weird. I signed up for 4 openings but all it says is profile received.
H&M doesn't review my application even though I ve applied for 3 positions through their smartrecruiters form.

seriously just keep applying and you’ll get something, I know it’s frustrating. It took me months to get something. It’s because there’s so many people applying for jobs.
Maybe consider volunteering for a bit to gain some skills and experience? This might help give you a boost on your CV if you haven’t already.

Don’t give up, maybe reword the application cv, think of customer care. Hopefully get something better round the corner. I applied for different charity jobs got nowhere lost my house don’t give up. 🙏🏽✝️❤️
Original post by lucyyy12
seriously just keep applying and you’ll get something, I know it’s frustrating. It took me months to get something. It’s because there’s so many people applying for jobs.
Maybe consider volunteering for a bit to gain some skills and experience? This might help give you a boost on your CV if you haven’t already.

Where do I apply now? All places where I could either don't call or reject.

Literally anywhere you can, you can’t be choosy. Also just keep applying for the same jobs.

It just takes a lot of time I know :frown:
Your situation isn't unusual. The job market is very tight at the moment.
I would suggest ringing up a couple of employment agency to ask about the work that is currently on offer. Employment agencies generally aren't too picky.

Perhaps you should look in to doing volunteering. Some organisations will eventually offer volunteers paid employment and even if they don't, you will still gain valuable experience.

Put time and effort in to your CV. CVs should be tailored to the specific role that you applying for.

Do you have any friends or family members who could recommend you to their boss?

Original post by Anonymous
There are multiple reasons why they might have rejected you, one being the way you've presented yourself through your CV does not coincide with what they're looking for or maybe you haven't given them enough or you have not shown passion and interest in the job so it looks like you're just doing it for money and not for the experience and to be part of a community , and at his time companies are receiving thousands of applications so it will take a while for them to get through everyone. Just keep applying and maybe tidying up your CV and hope for the best.

Good luck with everything

A significant portion of people wouldn't work if they didn't have to. Work for most people is all about the money.
Literally anywhere you can, you can’t be choosy. Also just keep applying for the same jobs.

Which jobs now???
Reply 15
Have you tried restaurants, fast food chains and supermarkets?
Which jobs now???

have you tried places like Tesco, Asda, Morrison’s etc.
A lot of small places advertise on their window so keep an eye out. Little cafes and hairdressers.
I got my current job by seeing a sign in the window and just walking in and I got the job the next day, you just have to be lucky and don’t give up <3
Original post by Amin7
Have you tried restaurants, fast food chains and supermarkets?

I ve tried Pret but haven't heard back. They are still under review. But Pret has horrible reviews of working conditions but beggars can't be choosers I guess.
I didn't try for Starbucks because Starbucks seems to reject most applicants.
Waitrose, Tesco don't have vacancies in London.

But please list places as I don't know most
have you tried places like Tesco, Asda, Morrison’s etc.
A lot of small places advertise on their window so keep an eye out. Little cafes and hairdressers.
I got my current job by seeing a sign in the window and just walking in and I got the job the next day, you just have to be lucky and don’t give up <3

Do you know any little cafes or hairdressers in London? I can't seem to find any luck

I ve tried Pret but haven't heard back. They are still under review. But Pret has horrible reviews of working conditions but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

If you're willing to spread the net wider, don't forget that places like garden centers, hardware stores, newsagents etc. also hire part-time staff. Just because something isn't a big High Street Name, doesn't mean you are less likely to get a job (in fact, you may be more likely).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending