The Student Room Group

I get more attention on dating apps than in real life am i ugly?

The way the apps im on work is if you like them you swipe and if they swipe at the same time you match (pretty sure this is how all apps work but just clarifying). I see guys looking at me especially good looking ones but no one ever approaches me which i know is hard to do in public. sometimes guys that i see in public wont even look my way which hurts because it just reminds me of how ugly I really am. Whereas on these dating apps i see these really good looking guys swipe right on me which confuses me beause i dont get this attentino in real life. Just to put it out there I have taken realistic pictures for these apps so im not catfishing, shwoing myself without makeup and with etc. Some fo the guys on these apps that i think look good wont swipe right (which is teh saem in real life in the sense they dont give attention) but then some do swipe right which is way more than the attentino i usually get in real life.. why is this? Is it it because im ugly in real ife (as mnetinoed i really try to potray how i really look on these apps (without filters etc)). Or is it that theres easier access to guys on apps? im genuniely confused
How many of those guys express interest in you, because I have heard of people swiping right on everyone just to get matches. If they do express interest in you then you probably don't get as much attention IRL because they are too shy to approach you.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
How many of those guys express interest in you, because I have heard of people swiping right on everyone just to get matches. If they do express interest in you then you probably don't get as much attention IRL because they are too shy to approach you.

as in online? quite a few to be fair. Could it be that online there's a higher number of guys that are my type so more chances of them finding me attractive as compared to real-life you only come across a few that are your type?
as in online? quite a few to be fair. Could it be that online there's a higher number of guys that are my type so more chances of them finding me attractive as compared to real-life you only come across a few that are your type?

Yes that could be likely
Reply 4
Kim there are people that are dying
Reply 5
Original post by Fay713
Kim there are people that are dying

Lol I know this sounds like a third world problem but im super insecure about all of this
Many people find dating nerve wracking. Approaching someone online is a lot easier than approaching someone in real life- you can't directly compare the two.
Reply 7
Original post by glassalice
Many people find dating nerve wracking. Approaching someone online is a lot easier than approaching someone in real life- you can't directly compare the two.

hmm could be
Reply 8
Work on your fun flirting game, should be fine
Reply 9
The way the apps im on work is if you like them you swipe and if they swipe at the same time you match (pretty sure this is how all apps work but just clarifying). I see guys looking at me especially good looking ones but no one ever approaches me which i know is hard to do in public. sometimes guys that i see in public wont even look my way which hurts because it just reminds me of how ugly I really am. Whereas on these dating apps i see these really good looking guys swipe right on me which confuses me beause i dont get this attentino in real life. Just to put it out there I have taken realistic pictures for these apps so im not catfishing, shwoing myself without makeup and with etc. Some fo the guys on these apps that i think look good wont swipe right (which is teh saem in real life in the sense they dont give attention) but then some do swipe right which is way more than the attentino i usually get in real life.. why is this? Is it it because im ugly in real ife (as mnetinoed i really try to potray how i really look on these apps (without filters etc)). Or is it that theres easier access to guys on apps? im genuniely confused

I'm not saying you're ugly (haven't see you)
but someone mentioned an experiment they did the other day where they made an account as a woman on tinder and uploaded just a black screen and got 100+ matches

..what i'm trying to say is, online every woman's market value is much higher than it is IRL....,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending