The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

CBD oil for Insomina?

Scroll to see replies

You'll probably hate this advice but try cut caffeine out completely (tea/coffee/chocolate etc.) as the traces still remain 12-16 hours later.

Its helped me a lot but my sleep isn't perfect by any means.
Original post by Little pecker
You'll probably hate this advice but try cut caffeine out completely (tea/coffee/chocolate etc.) as the traces still remain 12-16 hours later.

Its helped me a lot but my sleep isn't perfect by any means.

I don't hate your advice.. I appreciate any advice from anyone - if they can tell me that it worked for them...
So, thank you!

I did go for a while without tea/ coffee (chocolates have caffeine?) but it didn't change anything.. I only have 1 coffee in the morning usually around 8/9/10am .. And I never drink it after 11:30am..

Still doesn't seem to make a difference 🤔

My issue with falling asleep is that I lie in bed thinking 'how am I going to fall asleep' and I just keep thinking how am I going to sleep... Often I feel myself losing focus with my thoughts and perhaps heading towards falling asleep and automatically I awaken myself.. It's like my body resists the feeling of not being 'in control' and instead it leaves me to ponder about how on earth I will fall asleep... I don't even feel particularly anxious when I get into bed but get more and more anxious as the hours go by...

When I wake in the morning I also keep on pondering 'how did I actually ever manage to fall asleep? Like at which point in my thoughts did I suddenly space out'...

The act of 'falling asleep' totally intrigues me :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
I don't hate your advice.. I appreciate any advice from anyone - if they can tell me that it worked for them...
So, thank you!

I did go for a while without tea/ coffee (chocolates have caffeine?) but it didn't change anything.. I only have 1 coffee in the morning usually around 8/9/10am .. And I never drink it after 11:30am..

Still doesn't seem to make a difference 🤔

My issue with falling asleep is that I lie in bed thinking 'how am I going to fall asleep' and I just keep thinking how am I going to sleep... Often I feel myself losing focus with my thoughts and perhaps heading towards falling asleep and automatically I awaken myself.. It's like my body resists the feeling of not being 'in control' and instead it leaves me to ponder about how on earth I will fall asleep... I don't even feel particularly anxious when I get into bed but get more and more anxious as the hours go by...

When I wake in the morning I also keep on pondering 'how did I actually ever manage to fall asleep? Like at which point in my thoughts did I suddenly space out'...

The act of 'falling asleep' totally intrigues me :wink:

Is your magnesium low?
Did OP pm me?
Reply 24
Apparently it works well for sleeping issues - although isnt it still illegal?
Either way, if you have long term sleep issues speak to your doctor as opposed to self medicating on this stuff. Its long term effects being somewhat unknown in this context given no ones really ever studied wht these gummies (or whatever) do and how they affect you long term. Given how novel these products are and the sheer variety out there.
Reply 25
hey was just wondering if you were doing any better with your insomnia?

Latest