The Student Room Group

idk

I'm in quite a bad friendship situation, and I need advice, because I'm terrible with emotions. So here goes:
I have a close friend, and I have my friendship group. My close friend gets on with my friendship group, but when we spend every lunch together, it sometimes gets awkward (btw, we spend lunch indoors in a classroom full of students in our class). So my group asked if I could somehow explain this to her, and maybe spend time with both, but thats a bit awkward, so idk.
What do you guys think?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in quite a bad friendship situation, and I need advice, because I'm terrible with emotions. So here goes:
I have a close friend, and I have my friendship group. My close friend gets on with my friendship group, but when we spend every lunch together, it sometimes gets awkward (btw, we spend lunch indoors in a classroom full of students in our class). So my group asked if I could somehow explain this to her, and maybe spend time with both, but thats a bit awkward, so idk.
What do you guys think?

What do you mean by it sometimes get awkward? What happens at lunchtimes when it feels awkward? What does your group want to happen by you telling her it's awkward - do they want her to stop spending lunchtimes with them?
Maybe your group is jealous of the time your spending with this girl or maybe u should help the girl become part of the group that way two becomes one .. then answer solved....
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
What do you mean by it sometimes get awkward? What happens at lunchtimes when it feels awkward? What does your group want to happen by you telling her it's awkward - do they want her to stop spending lunchtimes with them?

simply speaking yes, its mainly one girl, whose usually quite loud, but when the girl is around, they just don't know what to say, because she doesn't respond much, and just sits quietly, while everyone else i talking and it feels weird. sometimes its completely silent, with the few icebreaker questions. its not a bad friendship because we all get on well, its just that we dont know what to do, because they all talk together when my close friend isnt there, but i dont want to tell her to go, because i like her and so do they, but they're not able to make like a close friendship... im rambling now, but im confused about what to do tomorrow..
Reply 4
Original post by Tonyahayes
Maybe your group is jealous of the time your spending with this girl or maybe u should help the girl become part of the group that way two becomes one .. then answer solved....

no, its not jealousy. im sure of that because why would theyre not the jealous type, especially not over something silly like that. they just want to enjoy lunchtimes and be able to talk freely but for some reason they cant, im not sure why, but its true the fact they cant because the conversations are stiff?? idk.. that word seems about right, because a common phrase is - guys, come on talk.. i mean, that shows some desperation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending