The Student Room Group

Girlfriend

My girlfriend of a year and a half just said in these exact words ‘I don’t know if I would or would not cheat on you if I was drunk around boys’ ‘I don’t know wether I’d trust myself’. It’s upset me a lot. And then she goes on to say ‘I’d never put myself in that situation tho’ like that makes it any better. It’s just the fact that she wouldn’t trust herself enough because for me personally it’s a no brainer, I would trust myself 100 and know I wouldn’t cheat on her. Need some girl advice , what’s your opinion on this :smile:
first of all she sounds tone death as hell...also she’s just showed you that she isn’t good enough for you lol i’d break up......you deserve better
tone deaf*
Original post by Anonymous
first of all she sounds tone death as hell...also she’s just showed you that she isn’t good enough for you lol i’d break up......you deserve better
Reply 3
Ridiculous statement I'm surprised she'd even say that to you unless there's some amount of guilt on her mind. Pretending she has no control over that is pretty concerning I wouldn't just let that slide, even when someone is drunk they can still not sleep around. This is entirely down to her mindset.
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend of a year and a half just said in these exact words ‘I don’t know if I would or would not cheat on you if I was drunk around boys’ ‘I don’t know wether I’d trust myself’. It’s upset me a lot. And then she goes on to say ‘I’d never put myself in that situation tho’ like that makes it any better. It’s just the fact that she wouldn’t trust herself enough because for me personally it’s a no brainer, I would trust myself 100 and know I wouldn’t cheat on her. Need some girl advice , what’s your opinion on this :smile:

Really depends on the context and how you feel about it. I don't think it's wrong or concerning for someone to admit they'd be worried about doing something stupid while drunk - plenty of people end up kissing strangers when drunk and then vowing never to drink again.

Given that it's upset you though you might need to talk to her about it and find out what she meant?
You can't consciously make the right choices when drunk. She's just being plainly honest. She clearly doesn't trust herself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending