The Student Room Group

which name

I'm a demigirl flux and i'm looking for a name for when im feeling more non binary. i decided on either nex/neax since its pretty and rare or faye. which one should i choose (other name suggestions would be highly appreciated too
Looks gorgeous! How would you pronounce it? Like ne-x, nee-x, nay... Sorry it will effect my advice
Reply 2
i moved your thread to the relevant forum :h:

and out of those two i would vote Faye.
Reply 3
I’m not sure but the original idea was to just pronounce it like next without the t
Reply 4
Original post by gaydinosaur
i decided on either nex/neax since its pretty and rare or faye.

If you go for something like that, be prepared for lots of "what?" and to be forever spelling it out to people...
Reply 5
It's kind of an extension of being known as "they/them". Some people want to be known as a neutral name, neither feminine nor masculine. Don't see the point myself, as you could introduce yourself as one name one day and something else the next, depending on your mood...
Have you considered using a unisex name such as Alex or Charlie?
Original post by gaydinosaur
I’m not sure but the original idea was to just pronounce it like next without the t

Well if you go with nex then you might receive a few more questions about the name e.g. spelling, pronunciation etc. and if you don't really want that then there are more traditional unisex names like Alex or Charlie as wantbeanonymous mentioned. Some other names are Marlo or Ash? (just name spurting here)
But if you are OK with questions or even like them then I think neax/nex or faye both sound beautiful. Out of the two faye if definitely a favourite, but maybe it's just because it sounds somehow magical :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending