The Student Room Group

Is Luiss University good?

Hi, i just got an acceptance from Luiss university at bachelors in business and economics, i want to know if Luiss is a good university especially for an international student.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, LUISS is probably the 2/3 best uni for econ. It's a good uni but I'm not sure if it's good for international students. Few things I'm worried about: Italy is not the friendliest country if you don't speak italian so probably you should have to learn it. And secondly the job prospect in Italy is not the best (LUISS on average has the 3rd highest average salary) but it's still low compared to other countries like the UK, Germany or the Netherlands (just to name a few)
Original post by XanaXoid
Hi, LUISS is probably the 2/3 best uni for econ. It's a good uni but I'm not sure if it's good for international students. Few things I'm worried about: Italy is not the friendliest country if you don't speak italian so probably you should have to learn it. And secondly the job prospect in Italy is not the best (LUISS on average has the 3rd highest average salary) but it's still low compared to other countries like the UK, Germany or the Netherlands (just to name a few)

Thank you soo much, am definitely worried about the language part cause I’ve heard otherwise about Italians and secondly I might not be looking forward to get a job in Italy so thats fine as long as Luiss’s degree is good enough.
Original post by HamzaAhmed415
Thank you soo much, am definitely worried about the language part cause I’ve heard otherwise about Italians and secondly I might not be looking forward to get a job in Italy so thats fine as long as Luiss’s degree is good enough.

For the language part I'm sure that we are friendly and we always try to help, yes I'm Italian. But what I was trying to say is that for a lot of daily things you should learn the language because many people don't speak english.
For the job prospect, this is just my opinion and I have no evidence to support it. I always though that working in the same country that you studied is better/easier. Why a company should spend time to understand if your grades are good, if you did a good internship etc. when they can just hire somebody from the same country, so they already know everything?
(edited 2 years ago)
Also I forgot to mention it. You should check the modules online, because they are way different to other countries. You I'll have to study 2/3 modules of law, 2 modules of accounting and 3 modules of industrial organisation. I haven't checked the modules list at Luiss but these are for my current uni and should be similar at Luiss
Original post by XanaXoid
For the language part I'm sure that we are friendly and we always try to help, yes I'm Italian. But what I was trying to say is that for a lot of daily things you should learn the language because many people don't speak english.
For the job prospect, this is just my opinion and I have no evidence to support it. I always though that working in the same country that you studied is better/easier. Why a company should spend time to understand if your grades are good, if you did a good internship etc. when they can just hire somebody from the same country, so they already know everything?

Makes sense, but places such as US, UK, Singapore where the market is widely expanded that their job vacancies are usually not filled by the Locals, therefore they look forward to employ internationally. Nonetheless you have a very valid point and thank you soo much for helping me out.:-) one last thing as I was researching about Luiss, there was a very common stereotype that Luiss is basically for Posh rich kids of Rome. What are your opinions about it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by HamzaAhmed415
Makes sense, but places such as US, UK, Singapore where the market is widely expanded that their job vacancies are usually not filled by the Locals, therefore they look forward to employ internationally. Nonetheless you have a very valid point and thank you soo much for helping me out.:-) one last thing as I was researching about Luiss, there was a very common stereotype that Luiss is basically for Posh rich kids of Rome. What are your opinions about it?

You are right probably Singapore or HK but I think the UK and US don't need international students from international unis.For the being posh probably is a bit true but if you want to study econ in italy you must be in a posh environment. The top 3 unis are all private and all of them have the posh reputation. Honestly I only been at Bocconi (didn't get in but I know the environment) and the last year I was studying at Cattolica. And yes there are some posh people but you can simply avoid them. I think LUISS is similar to the other 2 unis. Also I don't know how is the general environment at luiss but in cattolica almost everybody is a bocconi reject, which being honest is not the best feeling to have. Probably also luiss has a similar rep because bocconi is more prestigious, but possibly less than cattolica because it's in Rome and the other 2 are in Milan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending