The Student Room Group

Does he like me?

Did he go out of his way to be nice to me?

In the past he used to find me attractive and maybe still does?
Months ago I used to reply to his stories and we had bit of small talk. I then stopped replying to his stories and he seemed to kinda want to have reaction out of me by posting content that I would reply to. I still didn’t reply to his stories…

After 8 months of no contact and him viewing all of my stories he decided to congratulate me on getting a new job.

He has congratulated me twice and one time offered condolences when he saw me sharing my life events on my snapchat story.
we aren’t friends or anything. We’ve only had some small talk on snapchat. Does this show that he cares about me?
Reply 1
Absolutely it shows that he cares in some way, but I'm not sure which way. It could be the case that either he likes you as a friend or as something more. Without knowing the tone behind the messages its hard to say which one. Nevertheless, the fact that he has replied to major life events for you shows that he cares in some way, so its not you just inventing it x
Original post by kaitj23
Absolutely it shows that he cares in some way, but I'm not sure which way. It could be the case that either he likes you as a friend or as something more. Without knowing the tone behind the messages its hard to say which one. Nevertheless, the fact that he has replied to major life events for you shows that he cares in some way, so its not you just inventing it x

Should I take it as a green sign and initiate some conversation with him or would that be desperate?
Reply 3
Original post by Miss_angelina
Should I take it as a green sign and initiate some conversation with him or would that be desperate?

That would not be desperate at all. If you want to initiate conversation then 100% go for it! Life is too short to be wondering 'what if' all the time. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. But I can guarantee you that you would regret it if you never tried at all. Plus, by the sounds of it, he would be up for it too. Embrace it and see where it goes x
Original post by kaitj23
That would not be desperate at all. If you want to initiate conversation then 100% go for it! Life is too short to be wondering 'what if' all the time. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. But I can guarantee you that you would regret it if you never tried at all. Plus, by the sounds of it, he would be up for it too. Embrace it and see where it goes x

”Plus, by the sounds of it, he would be up for it too”
Why do u think so 🙈??
It’s not exactly clear that he wants anything further from you. He’s trying to be nice to you. He’s taking the “friendly” position.

There’s also two other factors to consider since he didn’t talk to you for 8 months; he might be talking to someone else, or he might not interested in you anymore.
Idk what you mean by “small talk” but clearly that’s not progressing. Turn it into “long talk”.

In other words, throw the ball on his court to see where he’s at. If he picks it up and plays with it... I.e he says he’s interested in you, then he does care.

He’s clearly a component of your life - from how it looks, he seems like a ”failed talking stage” that you’re trying to revive - which is not very good. Think carefully in what lead to you not progressing into “long talk”, did you like him back?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by CaptainDuckie
It’s not exactly clear that he wants anything further from you. He’s trying to be nice to you. He’s taking the “friendly” position.

There’s also two other factors to consider since he didn’t talk to you for 8 months; he might be talking to someone else, or he might not interested in you anymore.
Idk what you mean by “small talk” but clearly that’s not progressing. Turn it into “long talk”.

In other words, throw the ball on his court to see where he’s at. If he picks it up and plays with it... I.e he says he’s interested in you, then he does care.

He’s clearly a component of your life - from how it looks, he seems like a ”failed talking stage” that you’re trying to revive - which is not very good. Think carefully in what lead to you not progressing into “long talk”, did you like him back?

We weren’t talking talking. Months ago we just replied to each others stories. We were friendly to each other back then too so neither of us was actually flirting or anything. This same guy used to stare at me etc everytime he saw me. Idk he’s kinda the shy type. If he had no interest in me why would he bother to be friendly since we never really see each other in person…?
We weren’t talking talking. Months ago we just replied to each others stories. We were friendly to each other back then too so neither of us was actually flirting or anything. This same guy used to stare at me etc everytime he saw me. Idk he’s kinda the shy type. If he had no interest in me why would he bother to be friendly since we never really see each other in person…?

You seem to be in a great deal of uncertainty. If your gut instincts are telling you that he’s trying to make a move but is too scared, you can always talk to him about it.

Personally, if I liked someone, I would make it relatively clear from the start. Seems like he’s not taking his chances and neither are you.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
You seem to be in a great deal of uncertainty. If your gut instincts are telling you that he’s trying to make a move but is too scared, you can always talk to him about it.

Personally, if I liked someone, I would make it relatively clear from the start. Seems like he’s not taking his chances and neither are you.

Yeah unfortunately I’m very shy person :frown:
Yeah unfortunately I’m very shy person :frown:

Maybe like just talk to him regularly again. Then proceed things that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending