The Student Room Group

So the girl I’ve been seeing wants to talk?

A mutual friend told me that she would like to talk to me. They have spoken together about things, and he talked me explicitly that I don’t need to worry, that she isn’t mad at me or upset, just concerned. I trust him, I don’t think he would lie about it.

He told me to just give her some time and space and to go speak to her.
Reply 1
And to be honest, I can’t help but worry about it, because by experience when a girl wants to ‘talk’, it’s never been a good thing.

Should I be worried?
You guys were dating or are dating?

Just wait and see what she wants to talk about.
Reply 3
Original post by Justaboutalive
You guys were dating or are dating?

Just wait and see what she wants to talk about.

It’s a bit complicated to say the least, but I don’t want to get into too much detail.

I need to wait till Monday/Tuesday before speaking to her.

My nerves are all over the place.
Original post by Anonymous
It’s a bit complicated to say the least, but I don’t want to get into too much detail.

I need to wait till Monday/Tuesday before speaking to her.

My nerves are all over the place.

Is this an in person talk? Try not to overthink, it's not worth the mind space, so focus on other things until then.
Reply 5
Is this an in person talk? Try not to overthink, it's not worth the mind space, so focus on other things until then.

Yeah, in person.

I trust my friend, I know he’s honest... and I know he has spoken to her about it all...

I feel like I’m just going to say “I think you want to talk to me about something... how have you been, how have you been feeling?” And take it from there
Yeah, in person.

I trust my friend, I know he’s honest... and I know he has spoken to her about it all...

I feel like I’m just going to say “I think you want to talk to me about something... how have you been, how have you been feeling?” And take it from there

That's a good idea, open communication is best. Good luck!
Reply 7
That's a good idea, open communication is best. Good luck!

It’s a bit nerve wracking though. I mean, if she wants to talk to me, she can whenever and wherever.
It’s a bit nerve wracking though. I mean, if she wants to talk to me, she can whenever and wherever.

Well, seems as though she’s using your friend as the gatekeeper/messenger

You’re right, I do think she can contact you herself.
It’s causing you unnecessary worry, and she’s not obligated to keep you waiting.

On the other hand, she might just need space.

Worst case scenario is that she has been seeing someone else dude...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Well, seems as though she’s using your friend as the gatekeeper/messenger

You’re right, I do think she can contact you herself.
It’s causing you unnecessary worry, and she’s not obligated to keep you waiting.

On the other hand, she might just need space. Maybe she has a bereavement? Her friend did say you shouldn’t be mad or upset.

Worst case scenario is that she cheated on you dude...

He didn’t want to go into any great detail about it, because she spoke to him in confidence.

I asked he could at least help me guess what it’s about, and that’s when mentioned the party a couple weeks ago when I said some sexual things about her and I to other people. I can’t remember saying it, but I obviously did.

Anyway, he and her spoke only just a few days ago, and that’s when she told him she wants to talk to me: He emphasised that I don’t need to worry, that she’s not mad at me or upset... just concerned.

He told me to give her some space and to maybe talk to her on Monday or Tuesday.
I also think, if what I said/did at the party was really, really bad, I don’t think she would want to talk at all.

I
He didn’t want to go into any great detail about it, because she spoke to him in confidence.

I asked he could at least help me guess what it’s about, and that’s when mentioned the party a couple weeks ago when I said some sexual things about her and I to other people. I can’t remember saying it, but I obviously did.

Anyway, he and her spoke only just a few days ago, and that’s when she told him she wants to talk to me: He emphasised that I don’t need to worry, that she’s not mad at me or upset... just concerned.

He told me to give her some space and to maybe talk to her on Monday or Tuesday.

Damn...... not looking so good bud.

Try remembering what you said ASAP. Because this might not end very well......
Damn...... not looking so good bud.

Try remembering what you said ASAP. Because this might not end very well......

They spoke together a few days ago, and he told me there’s no reason for me to be worried. I trust him. He said she’s not angry or upset.
They spoke together a few days ago, and he told me there’s no reason for me to be worried. I trust him. He said she’s not angry or upset.

Alright but she might just want a clarification type thing, she might not be upset with you but she’s concerned.....
Alright but she might just want a clarification type thing, she might not be upset with you but she’s concerned.....

I'm going to do what my friend said. I'm going to give her some space, and then go talk to her directly. If what he says is true, that she does want to talk to me, it might be easier to get her to talk and open her up to figure out how she's feeling.
I'm going to do what my friend said. I'm going to give her some space, and then go talk to her directly. If what he says is true, that she does want to talk to me, it might be easier to get her to talk and open her up to figure out how she's feeling.

Just see what she says first, it might not even be that bad. If it’s not, don’t try opening up anything that isn’t closed.
Just see what she says first, it might not even be that bad. If it’s not, don’t try opening up anything that isn’t closed.

Of course!

I'm just going to get her to talk about anything she wants to and take it from there.
Of course!

I'm just going to get her to talk about anything she wants to and take it from there.

Yeah, good. Otherwise you look suspicious or something lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending