The Student Room Group

GCSE

What are some tips for AQA science GCSE
I found doing practice questions very helpful. You could also try using flashcards for content. Hopefully this helps :smile:
Learn how to do required practices, and results from them as they make up I think somewhere between 10-20% of the marks (can’t remember exactly) which can make a difference of a grade or two

Practice questions; looks at the mark scheme as some questions require specific wording to get a mark eg. Chemistry when writing about rates or reaction, you must say the FREQUENCY of collisions increases. So eg. If the concentration increases, there are more particles in a given area, therefore the frequency of collisions increases, therefore rate of reaction increases.

YouTube has a lot of videos (free science guy and primrose kitten) but don’t use them as your only source of revision. They’re best used when you want to quickly go over something before an exam

Brush up on your maths and remember formulae, make sure you check your formula sheets and use what’s given to you.

Write all your working down as even if you get the answer wrong, you may still get method marks for calculations etc
Reply 3
Original post by DOOODARS
Learn how to do required practices, and results from them as they make up I think somewhere between 10-20% of the marks (can’t remember exactly) which can make a difference of a grade or two

Practice questions; looks at the mark scheme as some questions require specific wording to get a mark eg. Chemistry when writing about rates or reaction, you must say the FREQUENCY of collisions increases. So eg. If the concentration increases, there are more particles in a given area, therefore the frequency of collisions increases, therefore rate of reaction increases.

YouTube has a lot of videos (free science guy and primrose kitten) but don’t use them as your only source of revision. They’re best used when you want to quickly go over something before an exam

Brush up on your maths and remember formulae, make sure you check your formula sheets and use what’s given to you.

Write all your working down as even if you get the answer wrong, you may still get method marks for calculations etc

Thanks for your advice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by fish finger fan
I found doing practice questions very helpful. You could also try using flashcards for content. Hopefully this helps :smile:

Thank you
Original post by jichuu
Thank you

websites such as physics and maths tutor and the exam boards website will have past and practice papers for you to have a go at, mark schemes will be there too for after. physics and maths tutor also has some good notes, and freesciencelessons on youtube is good for content aswell. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by fish finger fan
websites such as physics and maths tutor and the exam boards website will have past and practice papers for you to have a go at, mark schemes will be there too for after. physics and maths tutor also has some good notes, and freesciencelessons on youtube is good for content aswell. :smile:

I appreciate your help. Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
try seneca learning its quite good too
I cannot stress this enough…SENECA!!! Honestly I went through Seneca and made flash cards from it and then went on to get 7s in all 3 of the sciences. I hope this helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest