The Student Room Group

just any opinions xx

i was really just wondering whether people really think body hair is unattractive on girls(me being one lol) and like facial hair not like a beard but like on my upper lip (a lil moustache basically lol) and that the rest is just peach-fuzz and i cannot be bothered to conform to society but i rlly get worried about whether ppl will judge me i just want to accept my natural body i guess idm anyone's views on it i really am just interested in what ppl genuinely think aside from societal standards for women thanks for any replies

Scroll to see replies

This is going to sound shallow but as long as I find it attractive, I wouldn’t mind...... (watch me get back lash :emo:)

I don’t mind girls with body hair but the whole facial hair going on, not too sure about that one.. probably leaning more on the no side depending on the severity.

Sure you can all say it’s shallow that I’m not dating you because of little things such as that; sure but where is the justice in dating if we’re only going to call other people shallow for finding something not attractive? A relationship is not always about personality attraction. It’s called physical preference.

You’re not going to date someone you’re not physically attracted to... if that was the case, I wouldn’t be seeing ugly guys getting rejected for not being tall etc.
Reply 2
This is going to sound shallow but i would not date a girl who would look at home in the Greatest Showman, no...

but you do you OP..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
i was really just wondering whether people really think body hair is unattractive on girls(me being one lol) and like facial hair not like a beard but like on my upper lip (a lil moustache basically lol) and that the rest is just peach-fuzz and i cannot be bothered to conform to society but i rlly get worried about whether ppl will judge me i just want to accept my natural body i guess idm anyone's views on it i really am just interested in what ppl genuinely think aside from societal standards for women thanks for any replies

So the actual reason is to do with social norms and the way society has portrayed women, especially in western culture. Women used to not shave anywhere, then basically the shaving industry realised they could make double the money if they included women in their target market, they struck various deals with high end women's magazines and basically sold the idea to women (and men tbf) that female body hair was unclean, not sexy and basically gross.
Fast forward a few decades and your left with a whole society that is anti-body hair. Smooth is ''fashionable'', its sold to us in adverts, music videos, magazines, celebrities, film.

Truthfully, some people will judge you, but ultimately in my opinion I would still do what makes you happy- its actually a really useful way to make sure the connections you make with people are genuine and not based on something so trivial. :smile:

PS. I'd totally date a girl I was into with or without a full on beard.
(edited 2 years ago)
No, it wouldn't bother me. And the fact that you're not bothered about conforming to society and make a goal of accepting your own body, is itself attractive to me :smile:
Original post by SamLRC
So the actual reason is to do with social norms and the way society has portrayed women, especially in western culture. Women used to not shave anywhere, then basically the shaving industry realised they could make double the money if they included women in their target market, they struck various deals with high end women's magazines and basically sold the idea to women (and men tbf) that female body hair was unclean, not sexy and basically gross.
Fast forward a few decades and your left with a whole society that is anti-body hair. Smooth in ''fashionable'', its sold to use in adverts, music videos, magazines, celebrities, film.

Truthfully, some people will judge you, but ultimately in my opinion I would still do what makes you happy- its actually a really useful way to make sure the connections you make with people are genuine and not based on something so trivial. :smile:

The best (or if you think about it another way, the worst) advertising is the kind that sells you both the problem and the solution. Mouthwash was the same way. Nobody used to care what peoples' breath smelled like; "halitosis" wasn't really a thing.

Girl don't worry about that all women have upper lip hair we are all humans and all human beings have body and facial hair whether its appearing or not so yh
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
This is going to sound shallow but i would not date a girl who would look at home in the Greatest Showman, no...

but you do you OP..

lol id have a full on beard but that fine and you do you so xx
Reply 8
Original post by SamLRC
Fast forward a few decades and your left with a whole society that is anti-body hair. Smooth is ''fashionable'', its sold to us in adverts, music videos, magazines, celebrities, film.

PS. I'd totally date a girl I was into with or without a full on beard.

yeah exactly i really do think it's societal pressure and that otherwise i think everyone would probably be cool with it if they never had that judgement in the first place thanks for commenting xx
Reply 9
Original post by CaptainDuckie
This is going to sound shallow but as long as I find it attractive, I wouldn’t mind...... (watch me get back lash :emo:)

I don’t mind girls with body hair but the whole facial hair going on, not too sure about that one.. probably leaning more on the no side depending on the severity.

Sure you can all say it’s shallow that I’m not dating you because of little things such as that; sure but where is the justice in dating if we’re only going to call other people shallow for finding something not attractive? A relationship is not always about personality attraction. It’s called physical preference.

You’re not going to date someone you’re not physically attracted to... if that was the case, I wouldn’t be seeing ugly guys getting rejected for not being tall etc.

i get where ur coming from honestly it isn't dating but general first impressions bot too bothered about body hair i just think facial hair may be off outting to most cos it's like ur face thx for commenting xx
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
No, it wouldn't bother me. And the fact that you're not bothered about conforming to society and make a goal of accepting your own body, is itself attractive to me :smile:

thx that's super nice of you to say xx
thx that's super nice of you to say xx

It's just the truth; you asked :dontknow:
i get where ur coming from honestly it isn't dating but general first impressions bot too bothered about body hair i just think facial hair may be off outting to most cos it's like ur face thx for commenting xx

If I saw you in public with a moustache, I will be weirded out by it yes. Sure it’s societal pressures, but so is looking presentable, so is having manners, so is going to the gym, so is having to be polite to people, so is wearing make up

Unfortunately, if norms aren’t met then obviously I’ll think different of it. I’m not going to sit here and sugar coat and try to comfort you that it wouldn’t bother me, I probably wouldn’t let you know about it but I’ll definitely think something of it.

Just do your thing and be yourself, but you’ll be judged. That’s just my take on it.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
If I saw you in public with a moustache, I will be weirded out by it yes. Sure it’s societal pressures, but so is looking presentable, so is having manners, so is going to the gym, so is having to be polite to people, so is wearing make up

Unfortunately, if norms aren’t met then obviously I’ll think different of it. I’m not going to sit here and sugar coat and try to comfort you that it wouldn’t bother me, I probably wouldn’t let you know about it but I’ll definitely think something of it.

Just do your thing and be yourself, but you’ll be judged. That’s just my take on it.

lollllll thanks its completely fine mate your just being honest so yh xx
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It's just the truth; you asked :dontknow:

ik mate i just value your opinion cos i wasn't expecting someone to say that lolll
Reply 15
i mean i’ve defo got facial hair not the amount a guy would have but i have light hair on my cheeks, i have a moustache (which i normally get waxed but recently i cba to go out and get it done) and then i pluck the few hairs in between my eyebrows. i’m defo very insecure about body hair coz i genuinely have so much of it (but again i could feel this way given that the portrayal of women is usually hairless which is actually more childlike so its weird that society would want women to look like this but anyway). i have to say though i wish i didn’t care as much as i do because our body wouldn’t grow hair if it wasn’t for a reason so if you aren’t bothered about it just keep doing you, for me that’s super admirable!
Original post by dashaman
i mean i’ve defo got facial hair not the amount a guy would have but i have light hair on my cheeks, i have a moustache (which i normally get waxed but recently i cba to go out and get it done) and then i pluck the few hairs in between my eyebrows. i’m defo very insecure about body hair coz i genuinely have so much of it (but again i could feel this way given that the portrayal of women is usually hairless which is actually more childlike so its weird that society would want women to look like this but anyway). i have to say though i wish i didn’t care as much as i do because our body wouldn’t grow hair if it wasn’t for a reason so if you aren’t bothered about it just keep doing you, for me that’s super admirable!

ahhh thank you
that's exactly what i was thinking like it's ALL natural it's not like spots or summit that you kinda need to keep up on like if we have it why is it unhygienic
this is weird bc im insecure about it too sometimes but i hope you won't be too and i guess we have to be confident and own it lol
I mean i personally cant stand underarm hair on myslef or leg hair , but i could care less if others have it , as long as they are comfortable with it , it shouldn't bother the society,

But things like back fuzz or thigh hair or forearm hair, i dont understand y some would think its not accepted. Like thats some of the thinnest hairs and it confuses me.
I mean i personally cant stand underarm hair on myslef or leg hair , but i could care less if others have it , as long as they are comfortable with it , it shouldn't bother the society,

But things like back fuzz or thigh hair or forearm hair, i dont understand y some would think its not accepted. Like thats some of the thinnest hairs and it confuses me.

tbh honest any hair like i have basically all of it im not like HAIRY i'm just normal cos it's literally hair I have never shaved so oooo yh i think back fuzz is pretty much ok with most ppl but then i guess there are some jerks out there like personally i wish i could wear dresses and everything that's why i wanna shave sometimes but then im likeeeee no plus cos i'm religious i also like keep my hair as acceptance of my natural body God gave me so like they're the two sides bruuuuhhhhh it's annoying and trivial but like we're all gonna die one day so why should we waste money on trying to look like some hairless human lolll societtyyyyy well western society anywayyyysss
I don’t mind a girl with facial hair I think it’s cute and it’s better to be true to who you are and not having to change to impress others

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending