The Student Room Group

Wisdom teeth extraction (self harm scars TW!)

Trigger Warning: mention of s*lf h*rm

So I’m getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in about 2 weeks under a general anaesthetic and I’d jus like to know the process bc I’m quite anxious.
I’ve got self harm scars on my arms, they’re not too bad the ones on my right have faded a lot and are barely visible but the ones on my left are still there. My mum knows about them but I obviously don’t want her to see them again, I would just like to know if they like nedd to do anything with my arms I guess? I’ve had surgery before and got a bandage around my hand but not my arms, but if anyone could provide any clarification that would be great!
Also the healing time, does anyone know if Id lose any weight will I need to eat more to feel better etc and how much time Id need to take off of work?
Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Trigger Warning: mention of s*lf h*rm

So I’m getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in about 2 weeks under a general anaesthetic and I’d jus like to know the process bc I’m quite anxious.
I’ve got self harm scars on my arms, they’re not too bad the ones on my right have faded a lot and are barely visible but the ones on my left are still there. My mum knows about them but I obviously don’t want her to see them again, I would just like to know if they like nedd to do anything with my arms I guess? I’ve had surgery before and got a bandage around my hand but not my arms, but if anyone could provide any clarification that would be great!
Also the healing time, does anyone know if Id lose any weight will I need to eat more to feel better etc and how much time Id need to take off of work?
Thanks

They might have to give you a cannula in your vein in your hand, however this is on the back of your hand
Reply 2
They might have to give you a cannula in your vein in your hand, however this is on the back of your hand

I’ve been told I would have to wear a hospital gown once I’m there do you know if they’re short sleeved by any chance? Thanks
I’ve been told I would have to wear a hospital gown once I’m there do you know if they’re short sleeved by any chance? Thanks

hospital gowns have short sleeves, yep
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
hospital gowns have short sleeves, yep

do you know if there’d be any way if i could cover my arms with something? i’m pretty sure i’d just have to ask while i’m there
do you know if there’d be any way if i could cover my arms with something? i’m pretty sure i’d just have to ask while i’m there

A blanket, maybe? Probably best to just ask, yep
maybe ask one of the nurses (who shoudl understand) to cover your arms with something... i don’t think this would be allowed but still idea.. concealer over if possible
Reply 7
Original post by yeehaw:))))
maybe ask one of the nurses (who shoudl understand) to cover your arms with something... i don’t think this would be allowed but still idea.. concealer over if possible

the leaflet said i could bring a dressing gown and it’s gotten cold recently so that might come in handy! thank you

Quick Reply

Latest