is 18 and 26 a huge predatory age gap?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by tej3141
Indeed

Not at all.
It depends. The maturity of both parties is really significant. My sister (19), is dating a guy who’s 26. They starting dating a year ago and they are both the happiest they have ever been. My sister was a horrible person (and that’s putting it nicely). Since she’s been with him though she has blossomed into a lovely young woman and he is a really nice guy too. They bring out the best in each other. He is immature for his age, but mature enough to be respectful and kind so again, this question depends on maturity and the reasoning behind the relationship. Is it purely physical or is it emotional? Sorry for the long reply aha
Reply 3
Not ideal but escapes the predatory camp

the 26 yr old is defo using the 18 yr old for s*x so predatory
Reply 5
the 26 yr old is defo using the 18 yr old for s*x so predatory

how do you know the 18 year old is not using the 26 year old for sex?
No, the 8 year age gap is not huge.
Nor predatory.
It is fine as long as they are both consenting single individuals, nothing illegal is going on and the two people are happy together.
Original post by ANM775
how do you know the 18 year old is not using the 26 year old for sex?

That seems highly unlikely, 18yr olds easily find people their age. it’s the boys in their late 30s that find it acceptable to prey on teenage girls
Reply 8
That seems highly unlikely, 18yr olds easily find people their age. it’s the boys in their late 30s that find it acceptable to prey on teenage girls

Why then when I was 26 on pof.com did I get multiple 18 year olds DM-ing me unsolicited?

You all act like it's always the older guys going out shopping for 18 year olds when in reality there are often times it's the other way round..
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9

the guy's 26 lol, I'm sure they don't have problems finding people their own age too. That's not an old enough age to start "wanting to date younger people". 26 year olds are still young themselves lol
Original post by jas149
the guy's 26 lol, I'm sure they don't have problems finding people their own age too. That's not an old enough age to start "wanting to date younger people". 26 year olds are still young themselves lol

I was supposed to say late 20s it’s not about wanting to date younger ppl and to commit to them it’s about using them temporarily
Original post by ANM775
Why then when I was 26 on pof.com did I get multiple 18 year olds DM-ing me unsolicited?

You all act like it's always the older guys going out shopping for 18 year olds when in reality there are often times it's the other way round..

You’re 26 on the student room. Usually the guy is the one pursuing the younger female, the intentions are clear.
You’re 26 on the student room.

Whys this relevant? They could be a mature student, phd student, teacher etc. There’s a lot of adults on this site and nothing wrong with it
I think it’s fine, some people just aren’t attracted to people their own age. In my opinion 8 years isn’t a huge age gap I definitely wouldn’t call it predatory :smile:
Reply 14
You’re 26 on the student room. Usually the guy is the one pursuing the younger female, the intentions are clear.

no i'm older than 26 actually.

i've had this account for many yrs (although not active for all of them)
You can be a student at any age
I've even seen a couple of 70 year olds on here :wink:

and also stop making assumptions it's always the older guy pursuing. I've had girls much younger than 18 hit on me whilst being an adult. one girl actually got angry at me for ignoring her friend whilst said friend was trying it on with me. So stop your assumptions already......
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
no i'm older than 26 actually.

i've had this account for many yrs (although not active for all of them)
You can be a student at any age
I've even seen a couple of 70 year olds on here :wink:

and also stop making assumptions it's always the older guy pursuing. I've had girls much younger than 18 hit on me whilst being an adult. one girl actually got angry at me for ignoring her friend whilst said friend was trying it on with me. So stop your assumptions already......

I said usually I didn’t say it’s ‘always’
Original post by jas149

The anon's likely a child so they probably think 26 is an old man.

It happens, we're on a student forum.
So I’m 26 and he’s 18, so it’s wrong?
If you think about it, what does a 26 year old want with an 18 year old? Why haven’t they found someone their own age to date? It’s not illegal but it’s weird morally. I personally wouldn’t date someone that old at the age of 18, the age gap is not big, but it is big for someone who 18 as the maturity of them both is significant as someone has already said.
Original post by Meganmcgee123
So I’m 26 and he’s 18, so it’s wrong?

You're a 26 year old woman dating an 18 year old? It's not "wrong" and I'm not judging you but what made you want to date an 18 year old? (just curious).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending