The Student Room Group

Which is more physically demanding, ODP or Radiography?

Hello,

I’m looking for insight into which career between ODP vs Radiography is more physically demanding? (For clarity when I say physically demanding I mean manual handling of people and heavy objects, not standing).

Thank you.
Radiographers will position patients for imagine, sometimes they will be unconscious (think chest films in ITU, trauma patients in CT). You'll also be expected to go round with a portable x-ray machine at times.

ODPs will be involved in positioning and moving unconscious patients in theatre. You'd move theatre equipment and instrument trays etc.

Overall, it's probably similar if you look at the wider aspects of both roles. I wouldn't be deciding on a role based on this alone though, it sounds like you're interested in both roles, what interests you about each of the roles?
Reply 2
Original post by AC8453
Hello,

I’m looking for insight into which career between ODP vs Radiography is more physically demanding? (For clarity when I say physically demanding I mean manual handling of people and heavy objects, not standing).

Thank you.

id say neither is actually physically demanding, there will be nothing uncomfortable to hold/move

Quick Reply

Latest