The Student Room Group

Interview (Teaching training, advice wanted)

Hi Everyone,
hows the interview process with teachers training for those that have been in it before.

Kind regards
(edited 2 years ago)
It’s cheating to ask other people to produce your interview tasks for you.
The whole idea is that this is a test of *your* suitability for teaching.
And if you immediately reach for online help with this then you may like to reconsider your course choice.
One of those awkward moments where you hope that the OP hasn’t used their actual name as their username.
Original post by PQ
It’s cheating to ask i meant other people to produce your interview tasks for you.

I meant to ask what the interview process is not someone helping me with the task.
Original post by McGinger
The whole idea is that this is a test of *your* suitability for teaching.
And if you immediately reach for online help with this then you may like to reconsider your course choice.

I meant to ask what the interview process is not someone helping me with the task.Thanks
Original post by MargaretFaith
I meant to ask what the interview process is not someone helping me with the task.Thanks

You meant to ask what the general process is, but instead accidentally copy and pasted two exercise questions and said "how do I do it?" or somesuch?
Original post by Admit-One
You meant to ask what the general process is, but instead accidentally copy and pasted two exercise questions and said "how do I do it?" or somesuch?

Yes I wanted the general process not doing the task itself.I submitted my application and got an interview 2days after.So wanted the idea of how the interview process goes because i didnt know it will be that fast
Yes I wanted the general process not doing the task itself.I submitted my application and got an interview 2days after.So wanted the idea of how the interview process goes because i didnt know it will be that fast

I've amended your thread title to see if it attracts some advice for you. Best of luck with the interview.
Reply 9
Hi Everyone,
hows the interview process with teachers training for those that have been in it before.

Kind regards

Hi,
I cant see your original post due to the edit, but how did your interview go ?
I'm going to be submitting my application now as soon as my teaching mentor reads my PS, and that scares me how quick they are to ask to interview lol.
Hi

There's some generic advice about teaching interviews here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6193808

Which may be of use to people.
Hi,I wasn't successful in the interview.This was the reply I got from them.Was told that they feel my understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies which will assure pupil progress; such as gaps in phonics, early reading and maths strategies isnt wide enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending