The Student Room Group

Is she trying to curve me?

So iv been speaking to this girl for 2 weeks, I met her online and don’t know her in person. We planned to have a date together next week and just have a verbals agree on the date but hadn’t actually planned anything.

Anyway yesterday I made the plans etc and ran it by her and at the end of the planning she said don’t book it yet, i’ll let you know.

From everything iv heard online this is a terrible sign and it sounds like she’s trying to curve me, what are your guys thoughts on this?
From this it could be that they are just very busy and genuinely caught up on stuff. But it doesn’t seem very good from what you have said. Also be aware you have only talked for two weeks, take your time!
Original post by Anonymous
So iv been speaking to this girl for 2 weeks, I met her online and don’t know her in person. We planned to have a date together next week and just have a verbals agree on the date but hadn’t actually planned anything.

Anyway yesterday I made the plans etc and ran it by her and at the end of the planning she said don’t book it yet, i’ll let you know.

From everything iv heard online this is a terrible sign and it sounds like she’s trying to curve me, what are your guys thoughts on this?

How did you get to know her, through a friend of a friend, a mutual on socials, a groupchat etc? Can you 100% confirm she isn't a catfish, have you facetimed, has she sent a red snap on sc, has she sent vns etc? How old are you guys, she might have a job and needs to take the day off or smth, so maybe it isn't a curve, but if she didn't seem enthusiastic at all and has been avoiding it then maybe she is curving it, but I would need more information before making an assumption.
Reply 3
Original post by bleeblahbleh
How did you get to know her, through a friend of a friend, a mutual on socials, a groupchat etc? Can you 100% confirm she isn't a catfish, have you facetimed, has she sent a red snap on sc, has she sent vns etc? How old are you guys, she might have a job and needs to take the day off or smth, so maybe it isn't a curve, but if she didn't seem enthusiastic at all and has been avoiding it then maybe she is curving it, but I would need more information before making an assumption.

We met on socials, i’m not really 100% fussed by her looks, we have done VNs a fair bit, we’ve red snapped once or twice, i’m 22 and she’s 21, she doesn’t have a job and is in Uni and we haven’t facetimed either. If you need anymore info please let me know
We met on socials, i’m not really 100% fussed by her looks, we have done VNs a fair bit, we’ve red snapped once or twice, i’m 22 and she’s 21, she doesn’t have a job and is in Uni and we haven’t facetimed either. If you need anymore info please let me know

Do you know if she has a deadline coming up or is busy for that date? she might not be available or is trying to figure smth out so don't feel it's automatically curving. At the same time, has she been showing enthusiasm abt meeting up? Who is initiating that discussion, is she contributing, does she try and change the subject or does she give dead replies? I think maybe ask her if she feels uncomfortable abt meeting up or somehow ask how she feels abt it so you can get a sense of what's going on without necessarily being stand-offish. Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to be handing out the wrong advice aha :yep:
Kind of like avoid or being unserious i suppose?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
So she said she’ll let me know today. She hasn’t really said anything yet and I feel like I should not ask her or remind her, if she really wants to go she’ll let me know without being reminded or asked right?
So she said she’ll let me know today. She hasn’t really said anything yet and I feel like I should not ask her or remind her, if she really wants to go she’ll let me know without being reminded or asked right?

Just wait until it gets to like night time, or whenever you know the time that she’s normally active. Then ask her about it.

I think you’re overthinking. Ask her and don’t waste your opportunity. Worse comes to worse, she will say she can’t make it, this will then make her feel bad, this well then make her try to make up for it.

So even if the answer isn’t what you want to hear, you’re in a win-win in such that you can just move on if she disappointed you without giving you something to fall back on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending