The Student Room Group

what can i do if i dont agree with a university grade/ uk based

i got a grade i dont agree with
module leader and teaching assistant agree with the grade
ive complained and nothing is being done.

what can i do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The university will have a published procedure for this. Find it

what can i do?
Reply 3
if the module leader agrees, and ta agrees and you've complained then it seems like the uni thinks your complaint/disagreement is unfounded and therefore I doubt there's much you can do.
Why do you think your grade is wrong?
Is their an appeal system?

Sounds like you just have to accept it at this point though, ngl
Do you have any grounds for complaint? As above, if multiple people have confirmed your grade is appropriate, then they appear to have considered and then dismissed your complaint, as opposed to not doing anything.
Original post by makeupforever2

what can i do?

If you've followed the university appeals procedure and they've stood by the grade, there's not much more you can do. Why don't you agree with it? And why do the module leader/teaching assistant agree with it?
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you've followed the university appeals procedure and they've stood by the grade, there's not much more you can do. Why don't you agree with it? And why do the module leader/teaching assistant agree with it?

my other moduels i got mids 60s, this one i got 46

i think i was penalied becaue of poor attendance

my personal tutor looked at my grade and was suprised i got so low, that my work ws mid 60s standard

my personal tutor looked at my grade and was suprised i got so low, that my work ws mid 60s standard

Does your university have a policy where it can deduct marks based on attendance?

Have you appealed it through the appeals procedure?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Does your university have a policy where it can deduct marks based on attendance?

Have you appealed it through the appeals procedure?

no
i just think

i complained to modu;le teaceher and head of depart

what can i do?

Nothing, you can't appeal academic judgement in the UK. You can't appeal based on disagreeing with the judgement an academic made about the content of your work. If it has been assessed by two people, then there's certainly no chance.

All you can do is complain about process, in which case you would have to show some procedural unfairness, like you had been told to submit days before the rest of the course, or that only the first two pages of your text were marked.

Otherwise, just learn from it, listen to the reason why you got that grade and do it differently next time.
but i feel depressed because this grade although has no effect on my final year classification, will be on my transcript as all modules from year 2 and 3 are there

Original post by threeportdrift
Nothing, you can't appeal academic judgement in the UK. You can't appeal based on disagreeing with the judgement an academic made about the content of your work. If it has been assessed by two people, then there's certainly no chance.

All you can do is complain about process, in which case you would have to show some procedural unfairness, like you had been told to submit days before the rest of the course, or that only the first two pages of your text were marked.

Otherwise, just learn from it, listen to the reason why you got that grade and do it differently next time.
no
i just think

i complained to modu;le teaceher and head of depart

It doesn't look like there's anything you can do, the above advice is really good. Best thing is take on board the feedback and apply it to the next assignment and use it part of the learning curve
but i feel depressed because this grade although has no effect on my final year classification, will be on my transcript as all modules from year 2 and 3 are there

Yes, it will. So what?
Reply 14
do you have poor attendance in all your modules?

are your assignments marked anonymously?

did you check the university's website for under what grounds you can appeal? at least at my uni you can't appeal just cuz you disagree with the mark.

btw i moved your thread to the relevant forum :h:
Original post by Joleee
do you have poor attendance in all your modules?

are your assignments marked anonymously?

did you check the university's website for under what grounds you can appeal? at least at my uni you can't appeal just cuz you disagree with the mark.

btw i moved your thread to the relevant forum :h:

yes n yes
but they can tell itzs me as i showedthem my work previously for
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, it will. So what?

people wsill see 70's, 60's, 50s and one 46

i wanted 70s and 60s

my whole uni experience has beeen ruined
(edited 2 years ago)
Every university will have its on appeals procedure-once you’ve followed that then there is little else you can do.
i

Original post by GabiAbi84
Every university will have its on appeals procedure-once you’ve followed that then there is little else you can do.

feel so powerless
havent felt this powerless since my parent died of terminal cancer

where is god?
people wsill see 70's, 60's, 50s and one 46

i wanted 70s and 60s

my whole uni experience has beeen ruined

i could be wrong but i thought most employers don't look that deep into the specifics of your degree. the course title and the final grade are usually the most important right? also as an aside, can i ask what reason they gave for your low mark? depending on the reason they marked you down, there might be something you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest