The Student Room Group

i need help with working out

i wanna work out so i feel better about my body because im insecure af with my face

my measurements
height - 151cm - YES very short
weight - 44-46kg
waist - 25-27inches (goes up and down a lot depending on how much I eat daily)
bust - 32C-32DD depends
hips - around 30 inches ish maybe?

ik an hourglass figure isn't just to do with diet and working out but anyway anyone got any tips on what i should do at the gym? I've been putting it off for years coz i have no idea what to do lol

pls help
Reply 1
I'm super lazy with the gym. My program is three days a week, however, I'm on and off with that commitment. At the end of the day.. I went from 10kg bicep curls to 55kg despite being pretty lazy. It just took me allot longer than it should have.

The more muscle you get. The more you can get away with being lazy (your bodies calorie allowance increases too). I'm able to shred weight more quickly now that I have muscle. I do the 5x5 "madcow" variant, which focuses on volume (muscle memory will help if you are lazy for a couple of months, so don't worry about losing all progress etc - it's actually easy to pick it back up). Visit the bodybuilding website... amazing professionals and competitors that will help you.(also a details plan for the 5x5) If your goal is more endurance over strength; I can't help you. My goal is volume and strength - walking with the afterburn is my only other activity.
I do a lot of endurance training [I've been following my fathers training routing, seeing as in the past he was a small boxer], and I wouldn't say it's easy.

Cardio often helps. Running, fast sprints for a short period of time [They have a specific word for it that I can't remember], and weights.

Try weight lifting, but please be super careful in the way you do it, seeing as well, you could injur yourself if you do it wrong. Weightlifting mixed with Cardio helps lose fat quick as hell.

Good luck!
Follow a proper program, how many days a week can you go to the gym?
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Follow a proper program, how many days a week can you go to the gym?

i can go up to 5 times
Original post by ConfusedDemon
I do a lot of endurance training [I've been following my fathers training routing, seeing as in the past he was a small boxer], and I wouldn't say it's easy.

Cardio often helps. Running, fast sprints for a short period of time [They have a specific word for it that I can't remember], and weights.

Try weight lifting, but please be super careful in the way you do it, seeing as well, you could injur yourself if you do it wrong. Weightlifting mixed with Cardio helps lose fat quick as hell.

Good luck!

thank you for this, ill defo try it out
Original post by JoshJD
I'm super lazy with the gym. My program is three days a week, however, I'm on and off with that commitment. At the end of the day.. I went from 10kg bicep curls to 55kg despite being pretty lazy. It just took me allot longer than it should have.

The more muscle you get. The more you can get away with being lazy (your bodies calorie allowance increases too). I'm able to shred weight more quickly now that I have muscle. I do the 5x5 "madcow" variant, which focuses on volume (muscle memory will help if you are lazy for a couple of months, so don't worry about losing all progress etc - it's actually easy to pick it back up). Visit the bodybuilding website... amazing professionals and competitors that will help you.(also a details plan for the 5x5) If your goal is more endurance over strength; I can't help you. My goal is volume and strength - walking with the afterburn is my only other activity.

ill check it out thank u
Original post by dingding123
i can go up to 5 times

Quote if you have any questions.
Quote if you have any questions.

thank you so much!

im only 151cm do you think all these workouts will be possible like idk all of them and haven't checked but like yk the once ill need to use actual gym equipment, will my height hinder me?
thank you so much!

im only 151cm do you think all these workouts will be possible like idk all of them and haven't checked but like yk the once ill need to use actual gym equipment, will my height hinder me?

Np, nah u should be fine.
Np, nah u should be fine.

this will eventually get me an hourglass figure right, if all goes well
this will eventually get me an hourglass figure right, if all goes well

It will develop the muscles associated with an 'hourglass' figure.
- Train muscles groups 2-3 times a week
- Good protein intake
- Recovery - sleep, rest days etc
- Plenty of Water

Most importantly find a programme you enjoy and can actually be consistent with, gotta be fun and excited to go workout or else you just won't stick with it.
Original post by deadlift_noob
- Train muscles groups 2-3 times a week
- Good protein intake
- Recovery - sleep, rest days etc
- Plenty of Water

Most importantly find a programme you enjoy and can actually be consistent with, gotta be fun and excited to go workout or else you just won't stick with it.

im following one that was suggested above - thank youu

Quick Reply