The Student Room Group

UCAT: Medentry vs Medify

I am wanting to take my UCAT in August. I have just finished year 12 exams so looking to start revising for the UCAT. However, I have seen very mixed reviews on what resources to use and so i just wanted to get a better idea of what is working best for everyone this year? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Paige.allanahx
I am wanting to take my UCAT in August. I have just finished year 12 exams so looking to start revising for the UCAT. However, I have seen very mixed reviews on what resources to use and so i just wanted to get a better idea of what is working best for everyone this year? :smile:

if you can get the UCAT 1250 book
I scored in the top 10% last year with it
Original post by pwk123

that's amazing, well done! :cute: did you use any other resources? :eek:
Original post by pwk123

I would also recommend this book. This was the only resource I used, alongside the practice questions on the UCAT website and I scored above average and secured 4/4 interviews.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by pipthesqueak
that's amazing, well done! :cute: did you use any other resources? :eek:

the physcis and maths tutor practice questions are a good way to easy your way into revision
they are much easier than the actual test though
Original post by pwk123
the physcis and maths tutor practice questions are a good way to easy your way into revision
they are much easier than the actual test though

thank you!!
Reply 6
not sure if I just had a different experience but I used medify and found it wayy better than using a book because it's got instant marking and you can have it time you (to get used to the speed). I got a 93rd percentile. so yh defo recommend like 3 months of medify and the mocks on the official ucat page
(edited 2 years ago)
This has been discussed at length in the UCAT thread as well: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6864776&p=95393324&page=60#post95393324

If you want to check out our platform before you commit, you can get a free trial (no credit card required) which includes a full ucat diagnostic exam with feedback: https://www.medentry.co.uk/resources/ucat/free-trial
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I would also recommend this book. This was the only resource I used, alongside the practice questions on the UCAT website and I scored above average and secured 4/4 interviews.

Original post by atgeorge
not sure if I just had a different experience but I used medify and found it wayy better than using a book because it's got instant marking and you can have it time you (to get used to the speed). I got a 93rd percentile. so yh defo recommend like 3 months of medify and the mocks on the official ucat page

any tips for VR?
great scores too
Original post by dingding123
any tips for VR?
great scores too

This is the basic strat for VR (from a medic portal book I got)

The fundamental strategy you should then employ, regardless of the Question Set type, involves six simple steps:

1.Read the statement/incomplete statement/question.
2.Skim the passage for key words and phrases relating to this.
3.Read the sentence(s) containing the key words, as well as those before and after.
4.Continue scanning the passage for further occurrences of the key words. (sometimes it'll give you a sentence in support but theres another one later that changes the truth)

5.If found again, repeat step 3.
6.Select an answer based on this ‘targeted’ reading.

These six steps should be repeated for each Item.

The main thing with VR is not wasting time on long questions. You've gotta be able to work out when a q is gonna go over the time you have allocated for it (forgot the timings but divide the number of qs by the total time).

Thats a reason why I liked medify cause you can do timed question sets which force you to do them to time and get better at eliminating answers and guessing
Original post by pwk123

Hi! Is that a problem if my UCAT 1250 book is from 2017?
Same for BMAT I can’t find a more recent version. I am from France so it might be it :/

What did you end up getting in the end?
Original post by pwk123

When did you start revising?
Reply 14
Original post by kylalee.x
When did you start revising?

Start of July for an early September sitting
Original post by pwk123
Start of July for an early September sitting

any tips for DM?
Reply 16
Original post by dingding123
any tips for DM?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6864776
Whole thread of UCAT discussion
i recommend passmedicine, it has a free 6 month trial with no need to provide card info. theres timed questions per section and 3 mocks, definitely helpful.

Latest

Trending

Trending