The Student Room Group

Canvas Walthamstow

Hi there, I am looking to stay in a bronze en suite room at canvas Walthamstow next year. However, they have sold out, so I was wondering if anyone has a contract that they no longer want. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Or if anyone knows of any cheap en-suite accommodation with a double bed in London, please lmk
Reply 2
Original post by Leah101002
Hi there, I am looking to stay in a bronze en suite room at canvas Walthamstow next year. However, they have sold out, so I was wondering if anyone has a contract that they no longer want. Thanks :smile:

Which Uni/College are you going to, Leah?
Reply 3
Original post by Kerzen
Which Uni/College are you going to, Leah?

Heya Kerzen, I’m actually looking for my boyfriend who’s got an apprenticeship in London and he just needs any accommodation in London. The closest to central London is best but he’s been looking at places in Tottenham for example cos London has good transport so he could get into work easily.
Reply 4
Heya Kerzen, I’m actually looking for my boyfriend who’s got an apprenticeship in London and he just needs any accommodation in London. The closest to central London is best but he’s been looking at places in Tottenham for example cos London has good transport so he could get into work easily.

Where will he be working?
Reply 5
Original post by Kerzen
Where will he be working?

Near canon street station I think
Reply 6
Near canon street station I think

Did he choose accommodation in Walthamstow for a reason?
Reply 7
Original post by Kerzen
Did he choose accommodation in Walthamstow for a reason?

It was just relatively cheap, had a double bed and en-suite, and it has good transport links so he could get into work easily.
Reply 8
I’m actually looking for my boyfriend who’s got an apprenticeship in London and he just needs any accommodation in London. The closest to central London is best but he’s been looking at places in Tottenham for example cos London has good transport so he could get into work easily.

Does the employer offer any kind of help with finding accommodation?

I assume that the apprenticeship has something to do with finance because of where Cannon Street Station is situated.

I just looked at Canvas Walthamstow - it seems to have a lot of rooms. Is there nothing available there at all?
Reply 9
Original post by Kerzen
Does the employer offer any kind of help with finding accommodation?

I assume that the apprenticeship has something to do with finance because of where Cannon Street Station is situated.

I just looked at Canvas Walthamstow - it seems to have a lot of rooms. Is there nothing available there at all?

His employer hasn’t given any help yet with accommodation as I think they expect people to just find it themselves. Canvas do have a lot of rooms but they are sold out in the one that he wants/can afford so I just wanted to check on here if anyone has a contract that they cannot fulfil that they were looking for someone to take over it for them.
Reply 10
His employer hasn’t given any help yet with accommodation as I think they expect people to just find it themselves. Canvas do have a lot of rooms but they are sold out in the one that he wants/can afford so I just wanted to check on here if anyone has a contract that they cannot fulfil that they were looking for someone to take over it for them.

If he is working at Cannon Street, there are other Halls which are much closer than Walthamstow.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/London+Cannon+Street+(CST)/@51.5114984,-0.1009625,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x487603544f56a4df:0xd1788bb92b67162d!8m2!3d51.511311!4d-0.0903194

He may be able to find something just across the river, meaning that his daily walk is across one of the bridges.

How much do you think is a reasonable price to pay each month?
Reply 11
He was looking for a place between £170-£190 with a double bed and en suite
Reply 12
Original post by Kerzen
If he is working at Cannon Street, there are other Halls which are much closer than Walthamstow.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/London+Cannon+Street+(CST)/@51.5114984,-0.1009625,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x487603544f56a4df:0xd1788bb92b67162d!8m2!3d51.511311!4d-0.0903194

He may be able to find something just across the river, meaning that his daily walk is across one of the bridges.

How much do you think is a reasonable price to pay each month?

He was looking for a place between £170-£190 with a double bed and en suite :smile:
Reply 13
He was looking for a place between £170-£190 with a double bed and en suite

He was looking for a place between £170-£190 with a double bed and en suite :smile:

The double bed factor makes it a bit more difficult, I'm not sure how many places have double beds.

Is he factoring travelling to work into his calculations? He would need a tube ticket for Walthamstow, for instance.

By the way, when I looked at Canvas, it seems to have two London places, Walthamstow is one but the other one is Wembley. Wembley to Cannon Street is doable, I suppose.

There are properties such as this not far away

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/58886899/?search_identifier=247971debece3822559ae87b655c3f89

I forgot to add that there is a lot of building work going on around Canvas Walthamstow. I don't know when it will all be finished but the environment is very noisy at the moment.
you can try mannequin house, its right by canvas but their bronze may be sold out. but they're also having a sale for canvas walthamstow on unilodgers.

Hiiii

i have a contract I don’t want anymore x

are you still interested???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending