The Student Room Group

Serious problems with neighbour that makes Katie Price look like Kate Middleton

She has kept me up every single day for almost three years having sex really loudly, playing music or yelling at her son. The screams were getting worse and worse and I decided to call the police for advice around noise pollution. The police took my words out of context and decided to come out despite my reluctance to do. Since then she has screaming and shouting through the walls - verbal abuse directed at me. I decided to call the police in April for these threats, but becauseI mentioned that the child was crying in the background, they came out again.

Her behaviour was getting worse and worse more threats, screaming and shouting through the wall. She basically was coming near me not socially distancing. I decided report this to anti-social behaviour team of the council but they are not taking her seriously at all and even using stupid facts to justify her behaviour. She’s ganged up with her council house chums and they have kind of created a mini coven where they are continuously *****ing about me on the streets. She recently called the police on me and they gave me a ring “giving me words of advice” about making complaints even though they both genuine and I was very reluctant for them to come out on both occasions. I said I haven’t made a complaint in months and was surprised as to why they were calling me and I think she confused because the recent complaints to the council were the threats made to me and i dont have concerns anymore for her child.

I dont know what to do anymore. My family are telling me to rent out; friends are telling me to sell.

I have tried to get the council to sort it out but they are not doing mediation to sort this out.

I really dont know what to do..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can anyone help
Reply 2
Mine is not a council house. It’s an ex-council house with the deed transferred over in 1989 years before i was born. I earn over 40k
Original post by Anonymous
Mine is not a council house. It’s an ex-council house with the deed transferred over in 1989 years before i was born. I earn over 40k

Why don't you sell?
Reply 4
Yes its predominately working class and chavvy
Reply 5
Original post by harrysbar
Why don't you sell?

My family are pushing for me to sell. I am trying to get it on the market.. my other next door neighbours block the driveway so I can’t get a removal van in. I hate working with working class people.. I also have to declare that i have had a serious conflict with her..
Reply 6
Dont know what to do; the insulation is so poor. I dont want to give up my house.. its horrible that i have to do this
Reply 7
Do depressed and miserable
My understanding is that the council could take months or years to help, (if they get involved at all).

If the entire area is toxic then you really have no choice than to move.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
My understanding is that the council could take months or years to help, (if they get involved at all).

If the entire area is toxic then you really have no choice than to move.

Do you think they won't do anything
Do you think they won't do anything

Depends on what activity they record. From what I’ve heard the process can take months though. Google your council + noise complaints and see what the process is.
Original post by Admit-One
Depends on what activity they record. From what I’ve heard the process can take months though. Google your council + noise complaints and see what the process is.

tbh they've been pretty inept so far.
Reply 12
My family are pushing for me to sell. I am trying to get it on the market.. my other next door neighbours block the driveway so I can’t get a removal van in. I hate working with working class people.. I also have to declare that i have had a serious conflict with her..

declare to who?
the people you are selling to?

tbh If I saw people had had trouble with their neighbours it would put me right off ....or I would be looking for a substantial discount due to the risks of inheriting your problems..

Congratulations on earning an above average wage.

Either you or your neighbour has to move in order to resolve this.
You probably can't legally control or heavily influence your neighbour.
You can control what you do.

Imagine what a really successful person would do. A self made billionaire. They'd sell and live elsewhere without a moments hesitation.
Original post by ANM775
declare to who?

tbh If I saw people had had trouble with their neighbours it would put me right off ....or I would be looking for a substantial discount due to the risks of inheriting your problems..

I'm going to word it as I just raised child welfare concerns and and that has led frosty relationships between the next door neighbours and I which is essentially what happened
Original post by ANM775
declare to who?

You have to declare it on a form you fill out from your solicitor, if it has escalated to a certain point. It would be better for OP not to get into any more arguments with the neighbour, nothing on recored anyway and quietly sell and move away.
Original post by harrysbar
You have to declare it on a form you fill out from your solicitor, if it has escalated to a certain point. It would be better for OP not to get into any more arguments with the neighbour, nothing on recored anyway and quietly sell and move away.

it has indeed the police and council had to get involved
Considering that the police and council aren't really doing much to resolve the issue, your only option is to sell your house and move elsewhere.
Original post by shooonthebeat
Considering that the police and council aren't really doing much to resolve the issue, your only option is to sell your house and move elsewhere.

really frustrated with the police to be honest with you they've just made the situation drastically worse. on both occasions they escalated it without my my preference. what a mess
really frustrated with the police to be honest with you they've just made the situation drastically worse. on both occasions they escalated it without my my preference. what a mess

The police are always incompetent af

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending