The Student Room Group

Finished uni but I'm still a virgin

I have finished uni and I still haven't lost my virginity. I'm so disappointed about this and I think that if I haven't been able to do this while at uni I've got little chance of doing this after uni. I really fell like I've missed out and that my uni experience is incomplete.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And? The two are mutually exclusive.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia

I know but its still really disappointing. The vast majority of students lose their virginity before they finish uni.
Hey, don't let your virginity be your source of shame! I won't deny that you are lonely, but you don't have to worry about the unpredictable nature of relationships.
Original post by Surnia

This would mean that a university graduate is necessarily a virgin!
Reply 5
Original post by SlaveofAll
Hey, don't let your virginity be your source of shame! I won't deny that you are lonely, but you don't have to worry about the unpredictable nature of relationships.

Yeah there are some positives too. I enjoy the freedom of being single and I would rather be single than in a bad relationship. I just don't like being one of the few people to leave uni as a virgin.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah there are some positives too. I enjoy the freedom of being single and I would rather be single than in a bad relationship. I just don't like being one of the few people to leave uni as a virgin.

I don't think you'll remain single by having sexual experience.
Reply 7
I don't think you'll remain single by having sexual experience.

how?
how?

The fact that sex involves two or more people inevitably adds someone to their track record, so you're not gonna have a blank slate in relationships if you have sex with someone.
Reply 9
The fact that sex involves two or more people inevitably adds someone to their track record, so you're not gonna have a blank slate in relationships if you have sex with someone.

Great because I have no relationship experience either - I've never kissed a girl.
Great because I have no relationship experience either - I've never kissed a girl.

Think of it this way: Lack of sexual experience as well as lack of experience in relationships and kissing means you remain single, while the having sex with someone even without relationships or marriage won't have you remain single. Does that make sense for you?
Think of it this way: Lack of sexual experience as well as lack of experience in relationships and kissing means you remain single, while the having sex with someone even without relationships or marriage won't have you remain single. Does that make sense for you?

Yes. I cant see having the opportunity to lose my virginity in the future now I've left uni.
Reply 12
I know but its still really disappointing. The vast majority of students lose their virginity before they finish uni.

Why is it disappointing? Did you go to uni for an education or to sleep with someone?There's cheaper ways to lose your virginity than to spend thousands of pounds on tuition fees, accommodation, books etc.
Original post by Surnia
Why is it disappointing? Did you go to uni for an education or to sleep with someone?There's cheaper ways to lose your virginity than to spend thousands of pounds on tuition fees, accommodation, books etc.

Both. I'm on track for a 2.1 but I'm disappointed that I didn't sleep with anyone. I know there are cheaper ways but I don't agree with doing that and I want to sleep with someone who wants to sleep with me.
Yes. I cant see having the opportunity to lose my virginity in the future now I've left uni.

I'll send you a private message if I happen to find someone whom you can click with.
I'll send you a private message if I happen to find someone whom you can click with.

Sure.
Reply 16
I have finished uni and I still haven't lost my virginity. I'm so disappointed about this and I think that if I haven't been able to do this while at uni I've got little chance of doing this after uni. I really fell like I've missed out and that my uni experience is incomplete.

Message me in private ?
Reply 17
Both. I'm on track for a 2.1 but I'm disappointed that I didn't sleep with anyone. I know there are cheaper ways but I don't agree with doing that and I want to sleep with someone who wants to sleep with me.

I meant you could have found someone to sleep with before uni, not pay for it; did you never meet any girls before then? If you're disappointed about not having had sex for the sake of losing your virginity, even if it was with someone who wanted to sleep with you, that's a bit of a sad attitude. Going to uni shouldn't come with an expectation of sleeping with someone, and that's not something you should carry forward. Anyway, what's the big deal about being a virgin in your early 20s? Just because other people have had sex doesn't mean you have to.
Original post by Surnia
I meant you could have found someone to sleep with before uni, not pay for it; did you never meet any girls before then? If you're disappointed about not having had sex for the sake of losing your virginity, even if it was with someone who wanted to sleep with you, that's a bit of a sad attitude. Going to uni shouldn't come with an expectation of sleeping with someone, and that's not something you should carry forward. Anyway, what's the big deal about being a virgin in your early 20s? Just because other people have had sex doesn't mean you have to.

I didn't meet a girl before uni. No girl at uni wanted to sleep with me which is why I didn't have sex. I don't want to be a virgin, I want to sleep with someone who wants to sleep with me.
Original post by Vlad83
Message me in private ?

No thanks I'm not gay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending