The Student Room Group

Upset about next restrictions delay

The delay of lifting more restrictions has upset me and I'm disappointed. I've had to cancel a plan I had to see my friends new car which I planned weeks ago and go for a nice long drive with him in it which I have been waiting for since last year because car sharing has been allowed since restrictions started. I was so excited to go out with my friend. I haven't seen my friend for a long time and now I will have to wait another month.

I'm just feeling so let down about it because I only have realised the new restrictions are delayed another month and what if they get delayed again.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Does it really matter? We're allowed out now anyways so you can still go see your friend. You can meet up with 30 people or less outside now and 6 or less indoors. Only thing that's been delayed is reopening nightclubs, lifting restrictions on large events and removing all legal limits on social contact.
Reply 3
Original post by shooonthebeat
Does it really matter? We're allowed out now anyways so you can still go see your friend. You can meet up with 30 people or less outside now and 6 or less indoors. Only thing that's been delayed is reopening nightclubs, lifting restrictions on large events and removing all legal limits on social contact.

I don't know if car sharing is delayed though, I thought it was
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if car sharing is delayed though, I thought it was

I haven't seen anything mentioned about car sharing on the gov UK site, I think it should be fine tbh
Reply 5
I haven't seen anything mentioned about car sharing on the gov UK site, I think it should be fine tbh

I saw on it that its been banned, I would do it anyway but the neighbours on my road are snitches
I saw on it that its been banned, I would do it anyway but the neighbours on my road are snitches

Bro honestly it's not that deep. All these rules are so loosely enforced and there's loopholes everywhere, they don't really give a ****. I highly doubt you'd actually get in trouble for going for a drive with your friend. **** the snitch neighbors, do whatever you want lol
Also banning car sharing makes no sense. How are driving lessons allowed but you can't have two people in the same car? Wtf 💀
On the plus side, both you and your friend are alive and well, and will likely be able to meet up indoors or in a vehicle in a months time?
Reply 9
Bro honestly it's not that deep. All these rules are so loosely enforced and there's loopholes everywhere, they don't really give a ****. I highly doubt you'd actually get in trouble for going for a drive with your friend. **** the snitch neighbors, do whatever you want lol

A guy down the road got snitched and stuff like they are such snowflakes in my area. I might just do it tbf

Also banning car sharing makes no sense. How are driving lessons allowed but you can't have two people in the same car? Wtf 💀

It's on the government website. Driving lessons are important. I know, the whole pandemic doesn't make sense
Original post by Admit-One
On the plus side, both you and your friend are alive and well, and will likely be able to meet up indoors or in a vehicle in a months time?

But they could delay it again though
A guy down the road got snitched and stuff like they are such snowflakes in my area. I might just do it tbf

Yeah I'd say just do it but up to you ig
The delay of lifting more restrictions has upset me and I'm disappointed. I've had to cancel a plan I had to see my friends new car which I planned weeks ago and go for a nice long drive with him in it which I have been waiting for since last year because car sharing has been allowed since restrictions started. I was so excited to go out with my friend. I haven't seen my friend for a long time and now I will have to wait another month.

I'm just feeling so let down about it because I only have realised the new restrictions are delayed another month and what if they get delayed again.

Read this: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#private-cars-and-other-vehicles

Car sharing

There are guidelines for travelling in taxis and private hire vehicles.

When car sharing, you should only travel in groups of no more than 6 people, or 2 households, unless you are travelling for a reason that is exempt.

You can protect yourself and those you are sharing a car with by:

sharing the car with the same people each time and, where possible, only with members of your household or support bubble
minimising the group size at any one time
opening windows for ventilation
travelling side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
facing away from each other
considering seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
cleaning your car between journeys using standard cleaning products make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
asking the driver and passengers to wear a face covering
Yeah I'd say just do it but up to you ig

Alright
Original post by Muttley79

sharing the car with the same people each time and, where possible, only with members of your household or support bubble
minimising the group size at any one time
opening windows for ventilation
travelling side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
facing away from each other
considering seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
cleaning your car between journeys using standard cleaning products make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
asking the driver and passengers to wear a face covering

I'll just go and try and do as many of these as possible
I'll just go and try and do as many of these as possible

It's not illegal now - I've taken someone out - we wore face coverings,
Original post by Muttley79
It's not illegal now - I've taken someone out - we wore face coverings,

That's good, I can go then

Why follow the rules? Stand up for yourself and have fun with your life.
Original post by Dontknow698
Why follow the rules? Stand up for yourself and have fun with your life.

I will then
Please remember who is responsible for this, the Prime Minister. Who had India been placed on the red travel list at the same time as Pakistan and Bangladesh, would have removed almost all if not all restrictions tomorrow.

Remember to vote next time you have the opportunity. Remember at least 10,000 people have died because of Mr Johnson being slow to act.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending