The Student Room Group

Self doubt

I’m just about to finish year one of my a-levels, and I’m confused about myself in regards to what I should actually be aiming for next year. I need two Cs and a distinction to get onto the courses I am hoping to do at university, and these grades would be a big achievement for me as I struggle with more academic subjects because I thrive doing practical and creative things (my predicted grades will show that in themselves as I’m predicted two Cs and a distinction- distinction is equivalent to an A and that is for performing arts) Overall I’d ideally like Bs, but I am comfortable with Cs as long as it gets me into the courses I’m desperate to do. (I also live by the code that as long as you know you have tried your best it is not about the letters of numbers on the paper, it’s about how hard you tried- better to have tried and done everything you can and not done amazingly than not tried at all)
I’m more driven by thinking about what I’m going to get in return for the grades than the grades themselves- as long as I can achieve my main goal. Is this okay, and does anyone relate?
(edited 2 years ago)
Take time to pick up more confidence to carry on with A-levels.
Original post by SlaveofAll
Take time to pick up more confidence to carry on with A-levels.

Oh no, I am completing them, I’m just asking if anyone is more driven by where they’re going rather than the results themselves- I’m not fussed about getting the best grades on the planet as long as I get to where I want to go in life
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Spookypancake
Oh no, I am completing them, I’m just asking if anyone is more driven by where they’re going rather than the results themselves- I’m not fussed about getting the best grades on the planet as long as I get to where I want to go in life

Think of finishing your studies as something to be done out of fear of missing out or being seen as a failure. This drove me to do better and finish college with flying colours.

Quick Reply

Latest